Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Nottsgal944
Nottsgal944 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I need a little advice my son gets pip and when I made a claim i photocopied the form before sending it now its been lost do I think if I rang pip they would give me another copy if I asked. I like a copy of everything I send in or receive just incase there's a time that I need to look back on things. Tia 

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Nottsgal944,

So sorry that no one got back to you on this. How have you been getting on? :)
    Liam
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone I need a little advice my son gets pip and when I made a claim i photocopied the form before sending it now its been lost do I think if I rang pip they would give me another copy if I asked. I like a copy of everything I send in or receive just incase there's a time that I need to look back on things. 

Did you manage to get a copy of the documents from the DWP and was there any effect on the award? Did the DWP re-assess you because you asked them for the documents?
  • curiousgirl96
    curiousgirl96 Posts: 8 Listener
    Hello!!

Did you send off a copy of any required documents or not? Did that essentially make them look at your claim and make a good decision or not? You are essentially entitled to a mandatory reevaluation. I’m sorry they are not replying to you and addressing your issues in a satisfactory manner. I would be annoying and persistent with them. We have just applied for DLA for our little guy for the first time ever.  I used one of those guides to help me fill out the forms properly. It is worth looking for one online too. Read it carefully and then be sure you understand the questions as well. I think that they have a wholly unrealistic perspective on disability in general. I have this problem in general in public places. 

They can provide useful information and aid you to do the paperwork correctly. I have heard terrible things about this benefit. My son is currently receiving low rate care and high rate mobility too. Do you have a social worker or not? They can help you answer the questions and tell you what sort of evidence you should send with the claim form too. His social worker was skilled at such forms. Hugs. Basically the form is a killer form of questions that are not easy to answer. Not always anyway. Best of luck!! 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Nottsgal944,

If you haven't already got a copy of the form, then yes you can get one. You can make a subject access request to the DWP on behalf of your son. It takes a while for things to come through this way, but you can definitely get it, along with anything else relating to his DWP records.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-personal-information-from-the-department-for-work-and-pensions

You'll need to think about whether your son should do this himself or whether you can do it on his behalf (for example if you are his appointee or have Power of Attorney).

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Get a copy of the form. Make a subject access request to the DWP. It takes a while but it’s generally worth it and you should also be able to view any other records pertaining to him as well.

Does he have the ability to understand what is happening or not? Has a MC assessment been completed by a qualified professional or not? What was the outcome of the assessment? If you have power of attorney for him then yes you can do it for him. Make certain to include any required supporting evidence with the form. Go into lots of details. There are lots of websites that essentially help you with the paperwork. 

Best of luck!! It is tiring isn’t it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.