Hi, my name is Ruth — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ruth

Options
robir007
robir007 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Looking at support groups online have been reading peoples stories and realise I am not alone when it comes to the horrendous PIP.unfortunately it has taken a huge toll on me and feeling in total despair and no where left to turn 

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @robir007,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with PIP. We're a supportive community here and have lots of members who have gone through the PIP process who will be happy to offer advice and support. You may find our dedicated PIP category of particular interest.

If you have any questions, please do get in touch - we'd be more than happy to help!
    Liam
  • robir007
    Options
    HI and thank you.I do have a question my pip has been stopped how long do I have to return my motobility car.Iam really going to struggle as I have joint hypermobility syndrome .
    /Elders danlos syndrome wth secondary postural orthostic tachycardia syndrome along with peripheral vestibular dysfunction .severe anxiety and depression. Basically chronic pain spasms fainting and falling on standing and balance and sensory issues to name but a few  .the assessor said I walked out fine even thou I fell when standing up from the chair and use wall for support on way out. I apologise to her for falling she sent nothing nor offered assistance .i don't go anywhere much due to safety reasons and anxiety take  my son to school he's austitic school ten minute's anyway n i cannot use public transport. I feel like my life will end without the support of Pip.i also lost my job due to my conditions cannot afford a  car nor can ii drive a normal car. I have sent a mandatory reconsideration letter explaining my motobility issues. I also sent a letter  ambulance report, as went to post  thier letter quickly and fainted member of public called ambulance .absolutely in total utter despair 
    Thanks 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @robir007,

I'm sorry to hear this - it sounds like a really tough time. 

I've found this information on a page on their website about Motability following an unsuccessful claim:

If you have an unsuccessful DLA to PIP reassessment we will be in touch to help support you through this transition. You will have around eight weeks from when your allowance payments end to return your car. We’ll write to you giving you all the information you need, including details of our transitional support package. You may also be eligible for a pro-rata refund of any Advance Payment you made.
    They also have some more information about Motability when payments have stopped on this page: https://www.motability.co.uk/information-for-customers/if-your-allowance-stops/.

I hope this helps!
    Liam
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @robir007 you came to the right place for advice. This forum will hopefully give you the support you need to find your inner strength. You are already doing it! I’ve been there, without hope, believe me. I go there sometimes when things overwhelm me. It’s only temporary. The first thing I learned to do was set myself small achievable goals every day and acknowledge my wins. For example I have agorophobia and I can’t go outside by myself. This became I can go to the top of my street and back by myself with someone waiting on me in case I need them. Then I built it up. Small steps but wins. It’s the same with other things . Like I can’t do my housework because I have pain. This becomes I can do a section of my housework for 10 minutes and stop. I can do another 10 minutes tomorrow if I’m able . 
  • robir007
    Options
    hi and thank you for taking the time to respond. I will have a look around the site and at the motobility info.I will use ur positive words of hope out there and look for my inner strength. I've used it before its in there somewhere 

Brightness