Advice Please Folks — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice Please Folks

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 216 Pioneering
Hiya folks. I am hoping to have a more positive response to these questions. 
I posted a question a few weeks ago and got a belittling answer...

Any how

A few months ago I was awarded PIP, but I got the lower amount. When in my DLA days I got the higher amount.
I went to the CAB for advice, and they 'guided' me to the appeal process.
Within a day i submitted an appeal...
I haven't had any response from this, and it had been about nine weeks..is this normal, our should I chase up the case?

Also one more question..
I had a application form from DWP for Severe Disablement Premium. THEY sent me this application, I did not request this.
I filled it in and returned the form, this was about six weeks ago.
Should I chase this up or  is this the normal process?

Thank you

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Most defently chase these two claims up,if only to get comfirmation that they have received them. We, you or I cannot just sit back and hope everything will go our way. We have to take a stand and be proactive in making or applying for benefits we are entitled to, nobody else will do it for us. We must remain calm and be patience and when we don't get a response in a reasonable time then is the time to be proactive and chase up,follow up by phone  or letter. Yes you can wait a long time waiting to be connected so do what I do only got the mobile phone put on speake then catch up,on my emails on the iPad or PC .
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @oldngrumpy,
    I would definitely call and make sure they received your appeal.
    It will give you peace of mind if nothing else. The appeal wait can take months, a long wait I’m afraid.

Hopefully you sent the appeal away recorded delivery and copied the appeal, just incase they say they didn’t get it.

Hope this helps and let us know please 
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi oldngrumpy.
    As regards to the severe disablement premium you could check your last payments on your bank statement.This will show as an increase on your benefit.
    This is if you don’t want to question DWP about it.Bearing in mind it may take a few weeks to show.Pip usually entitles you to extra premiums on other benefits so this is standard to receive this.
      Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.