PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

jojojo41
jojojo41 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HI,  i just wanted some advice about my current pip situation

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi jojojo41 welcome to the Scope community.  What situation are you in regarding PIP?
  • jojojo41
    jojojo41 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I had my assessment 4 weeks ago, not sure how it went but the waiting is so stressful in fact the whole process over the past 2 months from getting the initial dreaded letter has increased my seizures quite dramatically + my GP has signed me off from work during this time. I'm not sure how serious the dwp think epilepsy is + how it affects your daily living. I just want to know what the outcome is instead of keeping us all hanging on!!
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @jojojo41,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with PIP. I've moved this post into our dedicated PIP category, so other members of our community can share advice and support.

Do get in touch if you have any questions - we'd be more than happy to help! :)
    Liam
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @jojojo41

Have you asked DWP for a copy of your assessment report which will give you a good indication of what your decision will be?  If you haven't had your actual decision letter within a couple of weeks chase DWP for it.
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya Jojojo41, I had my pip assessment on the 4th of June 2018 and I’ve had no dm decision as yet. It’s a very difficult time waiting and I wanted you to know you’re not on your own, we’re waiting together. Someone else wrote that it does depend on area to area, plus it’s holiday time too so again it can take longer. I do agree with that, sadly I have no nails left hahaha. We will hear soon ( tongue in cheek haha ) ???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    jojojo41 said:
    I had my assessment 4 weeks ago, not sure how it went but the waiting is so stressful in fact the whole process over the past 2 months from getting the initial dreaded letter has increased my seizures quite dramatically + my GP has signed me off from work during this time. I'm not sure how serious the dwp think epilepsy is + how it affects your daily living. I just want to know what the outcome is instead of keeping us all hanging on!!
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with that report. Ring PIP DWP and ask them to send it to you.

There's no timescales for decisions, it all depends on the backlog in your area. Hopefully not too long now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.