Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

Sarahbooth
Sarahbooth Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Because I'm on high rate care and low mobility live on my own. I have no carer. Can I get severe disability premium. I'm on contribution based esa support group. I have never had the sdp. I'm so confused. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Hi,

Being on Contribution based ESA will not allow you to claim any of the premiums. As you live on your own are you sure it's CB ESA you're receiving and not Income Related? Contribution based ESA is approx £110 per week and Income related is £127 approx per week. Which one of these payments  are you claiming?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sarahbooth
    Yes it's cba I get 112 a wk 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Then you need to ring ESA and ask them to send you a ESA3 form to be assessed for Income related top. Do be aware that if your area is a full Universal Credit area then this may affect you being assessed for the top up.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sarahbooth
    Thankyou  I think I will leave things as they are
    As I must be on the right benefits  Thankyou for your help 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.