Issues with PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Issues with PIP assessment

Options
Cymro
Cymro Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just waiting for my second pip assessment the previous was a tissue of lies and distorted observations plus the assessments was based around a cut and paste answers by her is every disabled person the same or is it more reports more money for the assessor

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Cymro   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing.   The PIP assessments a lot of the community have had issues and problems with a lot of them. Have a look at Talk about PIP.

All I can say you have come to the right forum and you are among friends.

We are a supportive community.  Care and share. Lots of information and advice.

Ask the community anything.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cymro and I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your PIP assessment, unfortunately this is fairly common. I am sure many members of the community will be able to relate to this. Did you appeal the decision?
    If there is anything else I can do then please do let me know :)
    Scope

• Cymro
    Cymro Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Yes but the unnecessary stress was unbearable but won on the reconsideration 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yeah I can imagine, sorry it was such a stressful experience!
    Scope

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately this is all too common. I dread the day we have to apply for DLA for DS. 
  • LittleGizmo86
    LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Cymro said:
    Yes but the unnecessary stress was unbearable but won on the reconsideration 
    Hi Cymro

Well do on winning at the consideration stage. Please can i ask why you did for the reconsideration? Did you mention the lies? Send in extra evidence etc? I am at the reconsideration stage and looking for any advice i can get as to what to provide.

Thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DWP won't be interested in any lies told on the assessment report. Any complaints for this should be sent to the assessment providers concerned. For the MR what you should do is write what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. Yes send more evidence, if needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Unfortunately they are not interested in any lies or inaccuracies that are embedded within the reports. Your best bet is to complain directly to the assessment provider instead. With the MR I think that you should write and explain what you don’t agree with and explain what and why you should have scored more points. Good luck!! 

And yes its a good idea to send additional evidence with your claim form. Just make sure that you have photocopies of everything just in case. I remember my son’s first ever assessment last fall for DLA. Was a total waste of money and time too. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.