My appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My appeal

Options
ravens62
ravens62 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi i put in an appeal over 18 weeks ago for my DLA being taken away to try and get it back they have sent all the relevent paperwork back to me and u was told where my hearing is being heard but as yet have no date when i rang up i was told it had to be heard within 18 weeks that time is up at end of july what should i do if iv still not been given a date yet x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ravens62 said:
    Hi i put in an appeal over 18 weeks ago for my DLA being taken away to try and get it back they have sent all the relevent paperwork back to me and u was told where my hearing is being heard but as yet have no date when i rang up i was told it had to be heard within 18 weeks that time is up at end of july what should i do if iv still not been given a date yet x
    Hi,

Tribunal hearing dates have massive backlogs and some are waiting as much as 1 year before their hearing. 18 weeks is no time at all, if there's no available date within that time then there's nothing you can do but wait until a date becomes available. No Tribunal hearing has to be heard within a certain time frame. It's a very long process but absolutely nothing you can about it. Good luck and hopefully you're not waiting as long as 1 year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ravens62
    Options
    Hi iv already been waiting since october from start of reconsideration till now its terrible how long it takes and so stressful my husband has had heart attack and two stokes he does not need this stress and they took his DLA away because he had stents fitted and did not tell them but they have not made him fitter as they say or he would not have had two more strokes and is now waiting for heart surgery its just not right i know there is a lot of people in the same situation. the goverment need to stop the DWP taking away peoples money for no reason and treating them so badly x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The wait from the start of the MR doesn't count for the Tribunal waiting time. It only counts from the time they accept you Tribunal. I'm sorry you're going through all this, hopefully it won't be as long as some have to wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi ravens62,

If you haven't already you can ask for a short notice hearing, this means you may be slotted in where they have a cancellation without the standard 14 day notice.
    I work in the West Midlands and appeals are taking approx 28 weeks from the date of submitting the appeal to the date of the hearing. Good luck!

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• ravens62
    Options
    Thank you lee thats very helpful to know xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.