Can I get a home assessment for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I get a home assessment for PIP?

Options
muttley
muttley Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi gang muttley here well I got my letter abt  a f2f appointment which I cancelled as I told them I cannot travel as suffer with vertigo as have arthritis got asked how I get to doctors as it's said if you can get there you can go to appointment  absolutely disgusting  they even asked how I get my medication  I'm all ready for them and any lies on my form will be dealt with by complaint to nmc  gmc or whoever they belong to  we need to fight back there are solicitors out there as well who will help but I'm a fighter so will let you know when assessment done either way 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @muttley and thank you for sharing this with the community today! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling to get a home assessment. Here is an earlier discussion that talked about home discussion: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/29704/pip-home-assessment
    You might find this useful to read :)
    Please do keep us updated and if there is anything else we can do then please do not hesitate to be in touch! 
    Scope

• cornishmaid35
    cornishmaid35 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I got a home visit for pip as I can't travel either I got a letter from my Dr explaining why I couldn't travel and that was fine had my assessment done a few weeks later I'm in Cornwall so not sure if it's the same everywhere else, I hope it works out for you fingers crossed xx
  • muttley
    Options
    It seems to be different areas have different stupid ideas I live in Kent and the attitude is if can get to see drs can go to assessment on rare occasions when I see doctor it is 5mins away centre is 30 fair enuff not a huge long time but travel is lousy for me as suffer with arthritis  and worse part is vertigo if have to go I'll make them know I'm not happy especially as doctor put on bottom of his report for me to send that they request I have home assessment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,220 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For a home assessment you need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why this is needed. Even then there's a chance they may not agree, so i hear.

As you've already canceled one assessment you won't be able to cancel another. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • muttley
    Options
    Thank you yes as have cancelled I know gota go with wot they decide still gona moan if have to go  and will fight big time if they dare to lie can't see how they can get any idea how disability affects you as they not with you 24/7 and it's all on the form and in doctors report 
  • fionah
    fionah Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    I was automatically given a home assessment. It does vary though and I think they expect most people to travel and put themselves through a big struggle.
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Options
    I didn't even need a doctors note or diagnosis to get an f2f at home, i did have to be insistent with the guy on the phone though that i could not travel that far.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Options
    For those who do go to the assessment centre have a look at the map they send you showing you how to get there.
    For some reason they think that all claimants having the assessment in my area can walk the 3/4 mile from the bus stop into the trading estate where the centre is

I didn't even bother asking for a home visit for all three of the assessments as it was pretty well known in the Mid Kent area that if you can get out of bed you can use a bus and walk to the centre..
  • muttley
    Options
    There is no thowt watsoevet by these people if I have to go then so be it I've now got a scooter as my knee has given out a few times so safety first no fun ending up in neighbours bushes mega funny tho 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.