Anyone not got PIP for their son/ daughter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone not got PIP for their son/ daughter?

Options
Allymp
Allymp Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there ?
Just wondering if anyone has had a son/ daughter go through a PIP assessment and the result has come back as no award?
Any advice/ assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Allymp   Pleased to meet you welcome.

In reply to your question. There will be members of our community who are in similar position to you. First thing you need to do is to make an appeal.My advice is to you is contact your local CAB for information and any support.  They give advice as well.

The whole procedure of assessments is very confusing and complex. You if you need to talk to some one.

There are members of our community or team who will advise you.

Also may I say look at our information on Talk about PIP.  Lots of advice and debate on PIP Plus advice from our community.

Hope that helps.

All I can add wish you the best.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Allymp and a warm welcome to the community! Sorry to hear that your son or daughter did get PIP. Are you planning on appealing the decision? You can find out more information about that here. Also, it may be worth doing the PIP online self- test on behalf of your son/ daughter. The result is not guaranteed to be the same as an assessor but can give you some sort of indication. I am sure we will have many parents on the community who have been in your position so I hope you are able to get the advice and support that you need. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch! :)
    Scope

• Allymp
    Allymp Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you. Yes I am planning to appeal. I’ve asked for a copy of the assessment and I’m keen to find out how descriptors can be changed without first advising applicants. My son had written a report on how he’s affected by his different diagnoses and it’s as if they have completely disregarded this. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about these new assessments and criteria required for eligibility. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is good that you are planning on appealing @Allymp, please do keep us updated and I wish you the very best of luck! If you need any support regarding the appeal process then there is information on the Scope website here and please do ask the community, many of the members have been through the process. 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.