Compensation from operation? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compensation from operation?

Samera2018
Samera2018 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Please advice me I had pip implants for 17 years I did not know until they began to swell i. 2016 apparently they had been leaking into my chest for sometime. I have had problems ever since I did not get recalled so did not know until the surgeon informed me I have the silicone wrapped around my lymph nodes and free floating silicone still in my chest... I have been told I cannot claim compensation because of the length of time and please can someone tell me are the pip silicone dangerous I am in dreadful pain 

Comments

• Samera2018
    Samera2018 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have had the implants removed and have safe ones in but unfortunately I have stage 4 capsular contraction so have to have them removed this is due to all the scarring from pip operation 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Samera2018 and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this. I hope people on the community are able to offer some advice. Please do feel free to have a look around and get involved in any way you would like. If there is anything I can do then please do let me know :)
    Scope

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Samera2018, and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation and what you've been through. Given the circumstances, I think it would be best to speak to your GP about your pain and where it's come from, and perhaps also seek legal advice if you're wanting to pursue compensation- it may be worth visiting your local CAB. Please do keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

Brightness