ESA Renewal Waiting Time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Renewal Waiting Time

Butterflyhome77
Butterflyhome77 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, I posted my ESA renewal forms to the advisory service for 28th May 2018.  Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from either the advisory service or the DWP.  I have mental health difficulties and the waiting is making me ill.  

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m not sure sorry but you could try calling them for an update
  • Butterflyhome77
    Hi Susan,

I've tried ringing them every day this week but after being on hold for 30 mins i've given up.  I've literally just gotten off the phone which is why I posted here, thanks for your help though.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2018
    @Butterflyhome77 Iam in the same boat as you Maximus have had my ESA on the 18th June, so your a head of me. You will need to call Maximus not the DWP.

I will wait as I refuse to speak to these idiots and fools.

Also there's a backlog. My last ESA in 2013 took 8 months, so I'm afraid it's a waiting game. It's not good enough the DWP making us suffer this way either.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• susan48
    @Butterflyhome77, yes there’s a high demand on the phone, my friend waited 50 minutes the last time. Mybe try again today or early in the morning.

I understand about how it’s making you feel, Iv MH problems too, it’s the waiting that’s difficult.

All I can think of is to keep phoning or try and stay on hold til they answer, keep yourself busy whilst waiting if you can 

Let us know if you manage to get through 
  • susan48
    @Governments_A_Joke,, I hope you hear soon too.

I thought it was DWP, sorry for the wrong info @Butterflyhome77
    edited July 2018
    susan48 said:
    @Governments_A_Joke,, I hope you hear soon too.

I thought it was DWP, sorry for the wrong info @Butterflyhome77

@susan48 thanks, me too, but really don't care either way I have become like steel with these people now. 

Whichever way it goes I really have now had enough. If I get called for an assessment I will not go at any cost. I will live of my PIP till it stops in 2027.

I have managed to be like bear grills and live on the very very basics now anyway as I can't and will not cope with UC.

I have decide when I had my last ESA and changed from DLA to PIP I will and have held money back to see me through to retirement because I won't keep going through this anymore.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Butterflyhome77
    Thank you both so much.  I totally get where you are coming from! I had a breakdown at my last medical and was put into the support group.  It's the waiting that gets to me, some days i'm okay and just potter on but days like today i'm worried sick.  I'll go live in a tent in the woods if I have to!! Lol.
    @Butterflyhome77 Your welcome. Try and not let them get to you easy said than done, but I will not let them run my life anymore. It's humiliating enough being in this situtation as it is.

I had decided I would put this last ESA50 in and see what happens. But Ive been prepairing for the worst for a while anyway and now I want to be free. 

⬇️

• Butterflyhome77
    I will do my best not to let them get to me, I can't control the outcome but I can control my reaction to the stress (apparently lol).  I'm gonna keep busy and just be patient and see what happens.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.