How long did it take for your PIP decision? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long did it take for your PIP decision?

Options
2»

Comments

• Androgen
    Androgen Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
    Options
    I don't actually have any updated evidence, there's nothing they can do about my conditions so I don't have ongoing support or anything to add to it, so I had nothing new to supply anyway, but I'll hopefully have some kind of new evidence by the time the reassessment comes around
    Funnily enough I was never assessed for DLA and was on an indefinite/lifetime award on low rates for both, and now I'm getting enhanced rates of both under PIP, so I can't really complain if the report isn't completely accurate, because I don't want to have to deal with all that again and potentially end up worse off
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    Okay fair enough. Mine will only be monitored and won't improve and that evidence gets updated and has helped me. 

I was also on DLA indef No FTF and my ESA and PIP all Paper based only.
    I wish you well for the future.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• nat73
    nat73 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    my daughter didn't  require a f2f , but it still took  5  weeks after I received a letter saying they have all the information needed 
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya Mike72,
    Its such an anxious time, everything seems to go way out of proportion. 
    I was there where you are last year, so I know, like so many more people do what it’s like.
    I was asking for my pip to be reassessed. I sent off my forms in February 2018, had my review in June 2018 and had my decision at the very end of August. Mine changed from both standard to both enhanced.
    I wanted you to be able to have realistic time scale.
    The big But is, others take a lot shorter time and others can be longer. It also depends on the back log in your area too.It’s back to how long is a piece of string!
    Its such a horrible time and if you are anything like me and probably many more I kept searching for answers and couldn’t find any that suited my questions. Why, because my case is unique to me, so I wouldn’t be able to find a complete answer.
    I hope you here soon and all goes well for you.???

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.