if I take p.i.p to a tribunal over the decision do they stop my p.i.p payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

if I take p.i.p to a tribunal over the decision do they stop my p.i.p payment?

jennie1985
jennie1985 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm just wondering if I take p.i.p to a tribunal over the decision do they stop my p.i.p payment 

Comments

• Girlfriends
    Girlfriends Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • jennie1985
    My partner thinks they stop paying you in which case we can't afford to take it to tribunal which will be a shame because I think we would stand a good chance of them changing their decision 
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    If you are in receipt of payment and you are seeking a higher award they will not stop your payments and then if you are successful at your tribunal you will get the extra backdated to the start of your claim
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    If you currently receive DLA and the PIP assessment takes it away your benefit gets stopped even if you appeal (or so I have been told). If you appeal a low decision to get a higher amount your benefit would be at the rate given by the tribunal even if it is lower. I suspect, though I do not know, that if you are given a lower benefit they would expect repayment of the difference back-dated in much the same way that you would for a higher one.

Nothing about PIP strikes me as either fair or reasonable which is one of the reasons I am dreading the letter I get in response to my application during my change over.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • jennie1985
    I was awarded lifetime higher component for mobility an standard for care  on dla the care has stayed the same the mobility has gone down to standard so I loose my mobility car on p.i.p  which is going to leave me house bound I want to take it to tribunal but I wasn't sure if the p.i.p would still pay me the new rate or not if it does then I can take it to tribunal if it doesn't then I cant. None of it's fair at all an it's a stress then I really don't need
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Topkitten said:
    If you currently receive DLA and the PIP assessment takes it away your benefit gets stopped even if you appeal (or so I have been told).....Nothing about PIP strikes me as either fair or reasonable .

TK
    They do here in England, Wales & Scotland. In Northern Ireland you continue to get a payment right up until the Tribunal hearing!

It's not, we should all move across the Irish Sea.

• janetf8
    janetf8 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    If you appeal against a decision because they have demoted you to a lower amount you keep being paid. But be aware it is very few people who actually win an appeal. They may award you an extra point but it still may not give you the higher amount .
  • jennie1985
    I missed out by 2 points the report the assessor wrote was full of lies he'd wrote things down I never even said. I'm going to phone the p.i.p an ask what they do when it's taken to appeal I have requested a mandatory re  asses not that I'm expecting any change
  • jennie1985
    I've just spoke to the p.i.p department an if after the re assessment I'm still awarded the standard mobility then I will still get paid that amount it won't stop if I take it to tribunal unless after the tribunal they change their minds an I don't qualify for anything. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    If you appeal PIP you keep your current award until the tribunal hearing.  71% of appeals win.
  • jennie1985
    The report the assessor wrote was full of lies I couldn't believe it when i was reading it. I just want them to hear the truth if then I still don't qualify then least they'll of made that decision on truth instead if lies
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Tribunals are impartial, only interested in what you can and can't do.
  • jennie1985
    Just received the letter back from the mandatory re assessment an I've been award the extra 2 points I needed to receive the enhanced rate mobility on p.i.p an I can keep my car which is the main thing an I'm so happy about I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied to my question an tried to help xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.