Music — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Music

Nigelrl
Nigelrl Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
Those old enough will know the John Myles song music. As the line goes; music was my first love and it will be my last.
What song or instrumental is you perk up, or gets you thru the day and hey we all need to have a release sometimes and for me its Sinatra singing yesterday and then Jamie Cullums version of Pure Imagination 

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Listening to music has helped me so much when dealing with my health issues. I like all kinds of music and it depends on my mood. I also like binaural beats music on YouTube for meditation if you can call it music. When I’m outside walking around I use headphones with my phone and music to make me feel motivated and empowered. It tends to be women singers lol but I will listen to most things once. It’s same when I’m trying to chill out. I make up playlists on my music app and use them appropriately. 
    Happy is one tune that gets stuck in my head clap along if you feel like a room without a roof!  My current ringtone is Let Me Go by that boy band singer take that as I love the Go Outdoors Ad with the basset hound singing along like a modern day Basel brush lol. It’s ironic for me as I’m recovering from agorophobia. My son is like me you can tell his mood from the music coming from his room and it cracks me up because at nearly 19 he listens to music of all eras and especially from my teenage years. Lol
  • GalDriver
    GalDriver Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Loads do that but one song I've played after every break-up since the early 70s and still used to kick-start myself often (I have SPMS, it has to be a big kick! lol) is Janis Joplin ~ "Move Over"
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Nigelrl Great another feel good post on music.

Need in the morning my Classic FM fix. Always like Holst Planet suite Jupiter planet of jollity. Helps to start the day.

Also others Rachmanov the Waltz suites.  Lots of the Italian composer Puccini, Verdi, Rossini.  Italian tenors Lots of Opera.

Then on doing house work or jobs Has to be Northern Soul, Motown always have that to help me through the afternoon.  Favourites music too many really have said before. Usually up beat like Four Tops, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas.  Brenda Holloway and others could go on.

Northern Soul lots the same . Just a lot of dance music that I used to listen to in the clubs. With my flowery shirts and loud suits.  Not forgetting ties .  That were a myriad of colours, shapes and all sort of dazzlers.

Some days will play lots of it other days have Classic FM on.

Evening time with my meal another bout of Classic FM or wind down with my soul ballads. Lots of those.  No one does love songs like Motown. Some really calming and relaxing.  Then there is of course others like Otis love Otis still weep. Always only 24 when he left us a collection of songs we should never forget. Us soul men and gals.

Then there is another secret passion my Jazz collection.  The old stuff. Frank Sinatra, Sammie Davis Jnr.   Nat King Cole. Plus Dinah Washington, Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday got them all on CD's all amazing songs and times.

Word for word some days. Especially Fly Me To The Moon must have so many different versions. Judy, Frank, Nat where else. Music bridges the generations.

Every current artist I hear is doing Jazz and Swing or Soul. Never goes away.

In my mind and my time.  What is sad for me losing hearing. Also losing the memories. You see when I was collecting and buying, selling collectables.

From a time when a lot of music people where still alive. The Soul Jazz people such a following you meet these amazing collectors. Go heaven and earth to collect music or have memories of seeing there idols live.

Want to share and talk about it. Have photos and film and lots of scrapbooks. All so many . Used to say write it down could be useful. Music history. There are gone the collectors I knew have gone. Just go this music to remember.

Keep the Faith as we all say.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Think we're allowed to leave links? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnZ36CF5s2M Eric prydz, quite like his stuff, some Depeche Mode remixes are really enjoyalble. Also came across someone called Yotto last week and find their music relaxing.

• Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    Me too. I play Rock and Jazz Guitar. Neville

Brightness