My husband's PIP assessment concerns — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My husband's PIP assessment concerns

Kaz1957
Kaz1957 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
My husband has his pip tribunal on Thursday the 2nd of August and is so worried he has depression anxiety and osteoporosis in both knees but is so worried that he will not get anything he has a letter from his doctor and a letter from his consultant from the hospital anything he can do on the day any help would be appreciated 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Make sure you can answer the questions properly. Listen to any question carefully to ensure you understand what you need to say in response. Give them as much information as you can possibly. Lay out your case clearly and confidently. Consider what points apply to your husband. Have lots of evidence available just in case they ask for it. Try to relax on the day of your appeal. Be sure to have a good nights rest the night before. Prepare a winning strategy and use it.

Good luck!! 
  • Kaz1957
    Yes thank you I have sent the information to the tribunal xxx thank you for your help x
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Kaz1957,

I don't have much to add to Mike's excellent & comprehensive advice, but as he says, do concentrate on the points. You can check what points your husband feels he should get by using the PIP self-test.

Secondly just to say that he has two pieces of evidence, and as Mike says to get those to the tribunal in advance. 

Good luck and remember, the tribunal are there to apply the law by getting the facts as clear as possible, that is their job - so all Mike's points are really valid. Answer the questions with the points in mind. If you raise anything additional, that should relate to points too. 

Other good resources include this from Advice Now. The process isn't particularly formal but it is directed by the judge and the actual order of questions can vary as a result. However, I'd expect each of the panel members to ask questions - and remember, as Mike says, all of the questions have a point to them. Let us know how you get on.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Kaz1957
    Yes thank you I will let you know xxx 

Brightness