Disagreed with tribunal decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disagreed with tribunal decision

Options
angelablaka12
angelablaka12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Can someone please advise me how do I appeal against the decision of the pip tribunal.

Comments

• angelablaka12
    angelablaka12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Can someone please advise me how do I appeal against the decision of the pip tribunal. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    First thing you need to do is email the Tribunal and ask them to send you s copy of the statement of reasons. This will tell you how they came to the decision and what evidence was used. There's no timescales to how long it can take to receive this.

Once you receive this you'll then need to find someone to look at it and find an error in law. IF an error in law is made in making the decision then you can appeal. If no error in law was made then you won't be able to appeal. If this happens then the only thing you can do is start the whole process over again and make a new application.

Were you awarded anything at the Tribunal or was the award you got not what you wanted?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.