Problems with NHS
Disabled people are having a lot of problems with GP’s unable to get appointments, unable to get GP to do a home visit when they are housebound, refusing to give out medication such as sleeping medication so making their patients seriously ill in health, refusing to refer the patients to consultants.
Taking far too long to get into Pain Clinic appointments up to 3-6 months?
A long time to get the surgery they are needed to making the patients ill in health.
Waiting up to 4 months between appointments with physiotherapists.
Long time to wait to see consultants.
Patients are having to wait for months following consultations assessment in NHS hospitals to carry out treatment, often patients do not get to see the consultant again just a physiotherapist to tell the patients the consultants decision then they decide whether the patients get to see the consultant for treatments then waiting again for an appointment which has been up to 6 months.
Waiting a long time for wheelchair assessment & with travelling time by ambulance services can take between 3 - 6 hours, then waiting a long time to get a new electric wheelchair.
Wheelchair users are finding it difficult to find a dentist that has wheelchair assess yet by law all public service building has to be accessible yet not many councils are enforcing this. People finding it difficult to find a dentist that excepts NHS patients with wheelchair access.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 154 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 792 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments