Assesment — Scope | Disability forum


can my support worker request for me to have a home visit. For my esa assessment. 


  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Johnny,

    I found this on Citizens Advice's website about ESA and home visits which may be of interest to you:
    If your illness or disability makes it difficult or impossible for you to travel to an assessment, you can ask for the assessment to be done at home instead. Tell the Health Assessment Advisory Service when they call – they’ll ask you to provide information from your doctor, or other medical professional, to explain why you can’t travel.

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,736 Disability Gamechanger
    Johnny said:
    can my support worker request for me to have a home visit. For my esa assessment. 
    Yes but you will need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend on their assessment centres.
  • Ripples
    Ripples Member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    edited July 2018
    @Johnny,  as LiamO_Dell  said  you will need to provide adequate reasons why.   The people I know who have insisted on a home visit have eventually suddenly found they no longer have to attend an assessment but whether this will apply to you is debateable.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.