PIP backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP backpay

WHAT
WHAT Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi everyone
A couple of weeks ago i won my PIP tribunal thankfully, i was searching online for how long it takes to get the backpay when i came across this great site!

So looking through information here it seems im to wait another 30 days before i will see anything? It took a year and a half to get my tribunal so more waiting is torture, does phoning them and chasing them up make a difference or are they going to wait 30 days no matter what i do?

Thanks in advance everyone and keep fighting!

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @WHAT and a very warm welcome to the community. Glad you have found the community :) 
    Congratulations on winning your tribunal! Unfortunately it does not matter if you ring then, the 30 days seems to be fairly standard! Please do get involved in the community in any way you would like and please let me know if there is anything that I can do :)

Scope

• WHAT
    Thank you Chloe :) I hope i can give some advice to people going through the appeal process, its scary but i was lucky to have some very nice people helping me through it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I am sure the community would love that @WHAT! :)
    Scope

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @WHAT,

Congratulations on the successful tribunal! Wonderful news and it's great that you're willing to share some advice and support with other members of our community, too. :)

I found the following information on the Citizens Advice website about what happens after a successful appeal:
    The DWP will also have to pay you everything they should have been paying you from the date of your claim. It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks for this money to come through.
    Hope this helps!
    Liam
  • WHAT
    edited July 2018
    Hi @WHAT,

Congratulations on the successful tribunal! Wonderful news and it's great that you're willing to share some advice and support with other members of our community, too. :)

I found the following information on the Citizens Advice website about what happens after a successful appeal:
    The DWP will also have to pay you everything they should have been paying you from the date of your claim. It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks for this money to come through.
    Hope this helps!
    Thanks a lot Liam :) Just hate the fact i have won the tribunal but they still make you wait one month in case they decide to 'fight' the decision. It feels like being on thin ice constantly :/
  • WHAT
    Ok so its been 28 days and ive not heard anything from the dwp, is it worth calling them to find out whats going on and when my actual pip payments will start or are they just going to give me the runaround as long as they can?
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    `Hi @WHAT,

Sorry to hear that you still haven't heard back from the DWP about your claim. You could contact the Government's Disability Service Centre about an ongoing benefits claim. The following information is for ongoing PIP claims:
    Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
    Find out about call charges

I hope this helps and that you get an update soon!
    Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    WHAT said:
    Ok so its been 28 days and ive not heard anything from the dwp, is it worth calling them to find out whats going on and when my actual pip payments will start or are they just going to give me the runaround as long as they can?
    Yes indeed, it's always worth calling them to see what's going on. Keep on to them, it may push them a little quicker. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WHAT
    Thanks Liam and poppy, i just hate being stuck with "we are sorry but all of a customer service agents are busy right now..." and sit listening to THAT music for 25mins :D
  • poppy123456
    It may well be a much longer wait than that....45 minutes the last time i rang them. Don't ya just love that music? ;)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • WHAT
    It may well be a much longer wait than that....45 minutes the last time i rang them. Don't ya just love that music? ;)
    I think id rather comb my hair with a belt sander than listen to that music a minute more :))
  • WHAT
    So i called them and was told due to the backlog of cases the 'case assessor' may take up to six weeks to even inform you of whatever they intend to do.

Even when you win they still string you along :(
  • poppy123456
    WHAT said:
    So i called them and was told due to the backlog of cases the 'case assessor' may take up to six weeks to even inform you of whatever they intend to do.

Even when you win they still string you along :(
    Up to 6 weeks but it's already been 28 days, you're almost at that time now. Unfortunately backlogs happen and they are all over the country. Summer holidays too, will all add to the backlog. I know it's stressful waiting but i'm sure everything will be fine and you'll be paid your money very soon.
  • Iamgettingthere67
    Iamgettingthere67 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    I won my appeal 3 weeks ago, nothing from DWP yet, I agree it's an agonising wait. Let's hope we both hear soon.
  • WHAT
    I won my appeal 3 weeks ago, nothing from DWP yet, I agree it's an agonising wait. Let's hope we both hear soon.
    Hang in there Iamgettingthere67, i did actually get paid in august, got a call from a very nice lady who asked me where i wanted everything paying, what i was owed and when PIP payments will start.
    I was expecting a fight but once past all the appeals and waiting, it was nice to speak to a friendly person and not be treated like some convict.
  • Iamgettingthere67
    edited October 2018
    Thank you for your reply, I got a letter from DWP asking me to fill in a,questionaire almost 4weeks to the day of tribunal win. I have been been told that the money should be in my account soon. I am relieved. Very glad yours got sorted to, WHAT
  • WHAT
    Thank you for your reply, I got a letter from DWP asking me to fill in a,questionaire almost 4weeks to the day of tribunal win. I have been been told that the money should be in my account soon. I am relieved. Very glad yours got sorted to, WHAT

Brilliant news! glad you have finally got the outcome you deserve!
  • Iamgettingthere67

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.