How long till I get the money from PIP I won at tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long till I get the money from PIP I won at tribunal?

Options
bonlucy
bonlucy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello , I won my tribunal appeal for pip,that was three weeks ago.I called to ask how long would it be before hearing from them ,and was abruptly told 6 weeks ? Is this correct ? As I understood the dwp had 28 days .Confused,as I know they is every possibility they are going to ask for SOR. If they do ,does anyone know how much more time they have ? Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bonlucy

DWP have 28 days to ask for an SOR and if they were you'd probably have heard by now.  It may well be that because of backlogs it now takes six weeks from hearing date before you start getting the regular payments and the arrears.  Phone them every week or so for an update.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    bonlucy said:
    Hello , I won my tribunal appeal for pip,that was three weeks ago.I called to ask how long would it be before hearing from them ,and was abruptly told 6 weeks ? Is this correct ? As I understood the dwp had 28 days .Confused,as I know they is every possibility they are going to ask for SOR. If they do ,does anyone know how much more time they have ? Appreciate any advice.

Hi, you need to take into consideration the Xmas and New year closing days too, plus the backlogs. You could well be looking at 6 weeks or more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bonlucy
    bonlucy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou ,it just seems such along wait.So in 6 weeks I maybe will hear something ,I feel iam in for a long wait as they may reply with a letter not making a payment but informing me that they are asking for a SOR which I hear can take another month or so .Iam pleased I won my appeal but the dwp really do need to change their system .
  • Friendship
    Friendship Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    The people that work for the dwp are not worried about people’s problems they are only concerned about their own  lives it’s so difficult to watch people suffering because the governments are targeting the poor and leaving the rich to build up they’re empires and get away with their millions that they could never spend in they’re lifetimes while more people are homeless and getting closer to starvation there are more and more people struggling and suffering every year good luck! Happy? 2018!
  • zak100
    zak100 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    I had an assessment having been transferred to pip from dla. I was awarded low rate mobility and middle rate care whilst on did. After the assessors report she scored me 0 which was ridiculous. I then went to tribunal and was awarded enhanced on both elements. People are going to have to stand up to these assessors who tell only a big bunch of lies. We are going to have to protest outside Downing Street because it is verging on the ridiculous. They have no intention of giving points to anyone and couldn't care less about people's suffering. It is a waste of time with these Atos or Capita assessors. They aren't even medically trained.something has got to be done. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bonlucy said:
    Thankyou ,it just seems such along wait.So in 6 weeks I maybe will hear something ,I feel iam in for a long wait as they may reply with a letter not making a payment but informing me that they are asking for a SOR which I hear can take another month or so .Iam pleased I won my appeal but the dwp really do need to change their system .
    They have 1 month to ask for the SOR, as it's close to the for you now and you haven't received a letter then i doubt this will be happening. They do sometimes make people wait longer than others for their money, i have no idea why.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    bonlucy said:
    They have 1 month to ask for the SOR, as it's close to the for you now and you haven't received a letter then i doubt this will be happening. They do sometimes make people wait longer than others for their money, i have no idea why.
    This thread is more than 6 months old!
  • Yadnad
    Options
    zak100 said:
    I had an assessment having been transferred to pip from dla. I was awarded low rate mobility and middle rate care whilst on did. After the assessors report she scored me 0 which was ridiculous. I then went to tribunal and was awarded enhanced on both elements. People are going to have to stand up to these assessors who tell only a big bunch of lies. We are going to have to protest outside Downing Street because it is verging on the ridiculous. They have no intention of giving points to anyone and couldn't care less about people's suffering. It is a waste of time with these Atos or Capita assessors. They aren't even medically trained.something has got to be done. 

An assessor gives an opinion and not a statement of fact. Just because you say something either on the claim form or at the face to face assessment doesn't make it acceptable even if you produce medical evidence. They are free to decide what to believe.
    They don't need to be medically trained, they are not looking at your conditions. They are simply disability analysts that are governed by what the computer software asks and reports. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    bonlucy said:
    This thread is more than 6 months old!
    If the thread hadn't been commented on previously by Zak then i wouldn't have commented. I think it's time to hit the ignore button...good day to you!
  • zak100
    Options
    The point I am making is the lies they tell. When I asked for the assessment report it was full of untruths. I couldn't believe it. There were things in it that I never said. I have heard if Labour get into power they will do away with these assessors from Atos and Capita and will go by GP's Consultants reports. They are putting people who are going through enough pain unnecessary stress. It's true what the person above stated. They are for the rich who are getting richer. They don't care about the poorest of society. They should start taxing the rich more and stop picking on the most vulnerable of  our society.
  • Yadnad
    Options
    zak100 said:
    The point I am making is the lies they tell. When I asked for the assessment report it was full of untruths. I couldn't believe it. There were things in it that I never said. I have heard if Labour get into power they will do away with these assessors from Atos and Capita and will go by GP's Consultants reports. They are putting people who are going through enough pain unnecessary stress. It's true what the person above stated. They are for the rich who are getting richer. They don't care about the poorest of society. They should start taxing the rich more and stop picking on the most vulnerable of  our society.
    Politics has no place in assessing people who want state help. For a start the report from the assessor is not a statement of cat. It is nothing more than one person's opinion and is no better or worse than what my opinion would be.

As a politician in my own right (Independent) I would never believe anything that any political party says especially about what they would do if voted into power. They have a habit of changing their minds.
  • zak100
    Options
    I agree with you Yadnad on both points. That assessor who assessed me took away my DLA entitlement giving me 0 points. The point I am making is they are playing with people's lives. They have no experience of people's illnesses. Personally I think this should be against the law. After you give your information they put the complete opposite on the form. They have done this to so many people and the problem is DWP believe them. I'm so glad Citizens Advice Bureau know the law and are very helpful. 
  • Yadnad
    Options
    zak100 said:
    I agree with you Yadnad on both points. That assessor who assessed me took away my DLA entitlement giving me 0 points. The point I am making is they are playing with people's lives. They have no experience of people's illnesses. Personally I think this should be against the law. After you give your information they put the complete opposite on the form. They have done this to so many people and the problem is DWP believe them. I'm so glad Citizens Advice Bureau know the law and are very helpful. 
    They really don't need to know much about illnesses. They are there to write an opinion on whether you fit the descriptors. They work on the basis that you could be telling them a load of porky pies. They aren't interested in the evidence either - as was said to me when I tried to hand more over at the face to face - nothing to do with me - the office deals with that.
    The assessor will write what they think.
    You are lucky to get someone to fight your corner for you. Many can't get any help from anywhere.
    I have never been able to get the help I needed so did the job myself which as it turns out has been a complete disaster.
  • zak100
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I went to a Citizen's Advice drop in centre. There must be one near you. I just felt like giving up. They were so helpful. They write a submission to the court stating why you should be entitled to your benefit and the particular descriptors which should apply to you. I was really stressed at the Tribunal and couldn't hardly speak my mouth was so dry. I just told them the truth and I'm so glad they believed me. 

• Jobasl68
    Jobasl68 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi anyone know how long it takes for payment? I went 25th of last month and nothing?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Around 5-8 weeks.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.