pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

Options
san2251
san2251 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Is CAB the best place to go to for help with filling out a PIP form? And what should i take with me when i visit them. Thank you. Any help would be amazing...
Sandra.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    CAB or similar is a good place to go.  Disability Rights UK site (DR) has a guide to all stages of PIP including the application, etc.  One thing you should include with your application is a 7 day diary.  DR site has a draft diary that you can adapt.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi @san2251, CAB are great at helping you fill in a PIP form. I presume you would just need doctors letters, proof of ID and address, then anything you believe would be evidence for your case. Here is something on the CAB website that may also help you prepare :)
    Scope

• san2251
    san2251 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much Chloe, this is such a head banger. I did get it first time round after horrendous interview (which i thought went well at the time) when i received the letter saying i was not successful i couldnt believe it. So i sent in my letter of dismay at their decision. When i got the lowest amount on each, i decided not to appeal in case i lost it all completely, which they stated quite clearly to me via a phone call. So, this time i want to get it done correctly...and i have asked for doctors letter, and a letter from my pain clinic nurse at the hospital, i neglected to do this first time around. My PIP isnt actually up until 19th August 2019. I hope they wont keep me waiting until then!! Thanks again, CAB it is...San....

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    san2251 said:
     i decided not to appeal in case i lost it all completely, which they stated quite clearly to me via a phone call.

When taking it to Tribunal there's no risk of losing an existing award. This is because if they planned on lowery or taking away an award they would have to notify you first. This then gives the claimant the chance to cancel the Tribunal. Always good to know for future reference.

As for your review now then all reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end. It doesn't usually take 1 year for a decision to be made though. Most people have face 2 face assessments for these, so expect this too.

The form you received is most likely the shortened version of the PIP2 form? so multiple choice questions which ask things like stayed the same, got worse or got better? Don't be fooled by the shortened version. Fill the form out with as much information as possible and use extra paper if needed.

Be aware of CABs waiting times for appointments. Mostly they are very busy and lots of people are unable to get appointments in time to return the forms. If this happens to you then google what else is in your area to see if there's any further help close by. DWP will give you a further 14 days to return the form but you will need to ring and ask them for this. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck with the process @san2251 and thank you @poppy123456 for great advice :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.