Award notice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Award notice

jules13
jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
hi all, if you are awarded PIP and it’s for only a year do they date it from you applied, or a year from when they made your decision, I’m panicking over nothing prob, I actually called to make claim
in April, but literally had my face to face assessment on Monday, and I was told it would take 6-8 weeks for a decision, which is fine, but would they date the year from April or say sept/October when I get the award notice if I’m entitled to it? I just know unless a miracle I won’t be better by April next year so do I need to reapply this side of Xmas cause it’s taken a while to get to here, it would of nearly of taken 5/6months

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It goes from when the decision is made but if it's a new claim and you're not transferring from DLA then you'll be backdated to the date you applied.

If you're successful PIP is reviewed 1 year before the award is due to end, therefore the shortest awards are for 2 years, with review at 1 year. Those awarded by a Tribunal though are often given end dates and these are different. But for now, this doesn't apply to you.

Decisions can be anything from 2-8 weeks but really there's no timescales. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jules13
    jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Hi,
    It goes from when the decision is made but if it's a new claim and you're not transferring from DLA then you'll be backdated to the date you applied.

If you're successful PIP is reviewed 1 year before the award is due to end, therefore the shortest awards are for 2 years, with review at 1 year. Those awarded by a Tribunal though are often given end dates and these are different. But for now, this doesn't apply to you.

Decisions can be anything from 2-8 weeks but really there's no timescales. Good luck.
    Thank you xxxx that’s helped xx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Awards for a year are normally time set. In other words they may contact you a few weeks before it expires asking if you want to make a new claim. However be aware that you may hear nothing and your payments will just stop. Make sure that you ask for a new claim form a month or so before the end date.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.