PIP claim adjourned, what does this mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP claim adjourned, what does this mean?

Nainey
Nainey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My PIP claim has been adjourned after a 17 week wait what does this mean?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nainey and a warm welcome to the community! Had you appealed the original PIP decision? A case can be adjourned if they felt there wasn't enough information or if the panel believed they couldn't make a decision. You should hopefully receive a new date soon! I wish you the very best of luck and please do keep us updated! :)
    Scope

• joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Hy I was at my tribunal June  but been so stressed out I could not answer the questions
    I was asked if they could stop  and contact my doctor for more details of my mental health  from then I received new hearing date September.   now I have been told by my support worker . she is on leave so  will not b able to attend.. I rang tribunal service just for info  on what would normally happen  and was told it's up to the judge  I don't know if he meant it would get posponed ?? or what  I am now thinking would a paper case  b in order if I get more detailed letters from family  I don't know I am so depressed  I cannot wait another 9 months that it took to get to the tribunal then I messed up any advice I would b so grateful thanks 
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    I messed up my first tribunal due to not being able to answer questions due to stress and lost my case but fortunately the decision got set aside due to a point of law so i only had to wait another 3 months for a new paper hearing and i won my case

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.