Hi, my name is Margaret60! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Margaret60!

Margaret60
Margaret60 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am a carer for my Husband who is 64 he is a leg amputee has had a kidney transplant last November and is diabetic type 1.
I have heart disease epilepsy and cognitive impairment, hopefully I can gain an insight into facilities to help my Husband. Especially as we have no transport and not had a holiday since 2006.
thanks for letting me join your group

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Margaret60   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. We are a supportive community. Who care and share.

Lots of information, advice and plenty of new friends.

Hope you find all of us friendly. Please ask anything.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Margaret60, and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for sharing this with us all. Are you or your husband currently getting any support?
    The community is a supportive environment to give and receive advice so please do get involved in whatever way you would like. You may find the parents and carers board particularly useful :)
    If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask!
    Scope

• Margaret60
    Margaret60 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Chloe, we have had disability aids and our bungalow adapted for my Husband. 
    At the moment we are awaiting the answer to whether Ray can get P.I.P. He has had to change over from his other benefit. 
    In these cases they stop your money altogether.
    C.A.B have helped us in the past. I do go to Carers Alliance craft days, and other things.
    the main problem is arranging a holiday as we have no transport. My Husband has difficulty with train station steps and slopes. He has a wheelchair and mobility scooter. The last time we went away together was 2006.
    at the moment I am waiting to go to my assessment next week as regards my cognitive impairment. 
    My last test was two and half hours. It can all be very disheartening but I do try and be positive. 
    Thanks for your reply
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Margaret60,
    I am glad to hear that there are some things in place. How far are you through the PIP claim? The community would be great at answering questions regarding this :)
    Have you ever been in touch with someone regarding your holiday?
    I hope you have a lovely day :)
    Scope

Brightness