Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

Kaz1957
Kaz1957 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone just got back from my husband tribunal and from being awarded no points from dwp my husband has been awarded enhanced on both x which proves that atos are lying on the assement that they are doing very nerve-wracking but worth it in the end and I was so over come with emotion that I broke down in tears because of the anguished time we have had in the past eleven months but just want to say thank you for the help xxx very much appreciated xxxx

Comments

• cazza62
    cazza62 Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    @Kaz1957 well done glad your hubby his award it is not very nice what you have to put up with its not only your hubby it effects its your turmoil too sending you big hugs still waiting to have my appeal date but hey ho
    take good care of your self x
  • Kaz1957
    Yes thank you that is what the dwp don't understand that it effects the partners husband's wife and children but good luck xxxxx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Kaz1957 said:
    Yes thank you that is what the dwp don't understand that it effects the partners husband's wife and children but good luck xxxxx
    Unfortunately that is true. Whenever the subject of benefits comes up in a discussion where I am involved those that aren't disabled tend in general to suggest that the disabled should expect to have to put up with these inconveniences that is if they want taxpayers money. At that I point I disagree saying that I too am disabled to which the reply is that I don't look disabled.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations!
  • Kaz1957
    Thank you xxxxx
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
  • Kaz1957
    Thank you for all your messages it is a big relief x so now my husband will be able to get out of the house x
  • Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    Well done! Neville Pearson
  • Kaz1957
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    How long did your husband have to wait for pip appeal can u tell me please 
  • Kaz1957
    Oh yes of course we waited eight months put appeal in January got tribunal in August the second x
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Lisabrazil1@hotmail.co.uk if u don't mind can u tell me what your husband suffering with got spirit pursing ality disorders and I have very bad anxiety do u think I win my appeal and how meny points he got for he depressed and anxiety 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Lisabrazil1@hotmail.co.uk if u don't mind can u tell me what your husband suffering with got spirit pursing ality disorders and I have very bad anxiety do u think I win my appeal and how meny points he got for he depressed and anxiety 
    It is extremely unlikely that anybody who has the same type of condition/illness will have the same level and type of difficulties that cause impact on life. 
    No one can actually answer what points you will get and it is useless trying to compare one person with another.
    What you should be doing is concentrating on your own case and putting forwards the impact that you suffer.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it totally depends how you conditions affect you daily. You cna't compare 2 people when it comes to PIP awards because everyone is different and all conditions affect people in completely different ways. Good luck with your Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kaz1957
    Yes I agree you just have to tell them how it effects your daily life and give them as much information as you can and good luck 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.