Assesor's report finally arrived! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assesor's report finally arrived!

Gaina
Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
Well, a full SIX WEEKS after I requested a copy of my PIP assesor's report, it came this morning (on ATOS headed paper, despite their recent name change).

The assesor's notes were a fair and accurate account of the assesment and as I expected she even went as far as to recommend I am not called in for review as my condition has absolutely no chance of improving.

The only thing that was a bit 'off' was the physical test as there were a few tasks on her notes that I didn't actually peform but it didn't matter because I would have been more than capable of doing those.

I understand now why I only got standard rate for cooking a meal - even though I can't do it right now, I showed good manual dexterity in the exercises I did complete and from that the DM has inferred that I could actually complete the task given the correct equipment, low level worktops etc., which to be honest is correct.

I think it was downright shonky of ATOS to delay my assesor's report by six weeks because it means that had I wanted to request a MR, I would've had next to no time - about 10 working days - to do so!

Anyway, I'm just glad it's all over. :)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    If you've been awarded, great news! It wouldn't have been ATOS that would have delayed sending you the report, it would have been DWP. Once you've had your face 2 face assessment your report would have been returned to DWP. Without that report the decision maker wouldn't be able to make their decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Gaina said:
     the DM has inferred that I could actually complete the task given the correct equipment, low level worktops etc., which to be honest is correct.
    Are the DWP for real - low level worktops??
    The one and only time that I have seen these in any kitchen was in a kitchen in the  Mental Health Day Service where I spent 6 years of my life. It was especially adapted for the disabled and was used to assess if, under supervision of an OT, I could prepare a simple meal for one.

The range of worktops which included the sink and hob were electrically operated so as to drop up to 8" for those that needed it at that height.. I dread to think what the cost would be to have a similar kitchen that is fully adapted. And the DWP are suggesting that it is a normal everyday adaption that most people could afford!
  • Yadnad
    If you've been awarded, great news! It wouldn't have been ATOS that would have delayed sending you the report, it would have been DWP. Once you've had your face 2 face assessment your report would have been returned to DWP. Without that report the decision maker wouldn't be able to make their decision.
    It could well have been sent to their audit division before sending it to the DWP.
  • Gaina
    Yadnad said:
    Gaina said:
     the DM has inferred that I could actually complete the task given the correct equipment, low level worktops etc., which to be honest is correct.
    Are the DWP for real - low level worktops??
    The one and only time that I have seen these in any kitchen was in a kitchen in the  Mental Health Day Service where I spent 6 years of my life. It was especially adapted for the disabled and was used to assess if, under supervision of an OT, I could prepare a simple meal for one.

The range of worktops which included the sink and hob were electrically operated so as to drop up to 8" for those that needed it at that height.. I dread to think what the cost would be to have a similar kitchen that is fully adapted. And the DWP are suggesting that it is a normal everyday adaption that most people could afford!

Actually I've been looking at kitchens and there's more choice out there than I first thought! There's actually a local company that does bathrooms and kitches who've started advertising accessible options.
  • Gaina
    edited August 2018
    When I rang up to request the report I heard her tapping away and she confirmed the request had been made so I'm assuming the DWP made the request to Atos.

Actually the leaflet I got with my appointment was very specific in telling you NOT to request a copy of your report until the decision had been made!

The report was actually posted to me on July 30th so that makes me even more convinced Atos are taking the 'you know what'.
  • Yadnad
    Gaina said:

Actually I've been looking at kitchens and there's more choice out there than I first thought! There's actually a local company that does bathrooms and kitches who've started advertising accessible options.
    Maybe then companies are realising that there is a market for reasonably priced adaptable kitchens for the disabled - I am surprised.
  • Yadnad
    Gaina said:
    Actually the leaflet I got with my appointment was very specific in telling you NOT to request a copy of your report until the decision had been made! 
    I had the same leaflet for all three ATOS face to face assessments so that is why I didn't bother asking. Thank goodness I didn't - the stress of waiting for the inevitable would have been too much.

• Gaina
    Yadnad said:
    Gaina said:
    I had the same leaflet for all three ATOS face to face assessments so that is why I didn't bother asking. Thank goodness I didn't - the stress of waiting for the inevitable would have been too much.

Yes I can understand it will be too much stress for many people. I just wanted to be ahead of myself incase I needed to appeal.
  • taniamcgrath
    taniamcgrath Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Yadnad said:
    It could well have been sent to their audit division before sending it to the DWP.

• taniamcgrath
    taniamcgrath Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi all ! Who do I request the assessors rs report from pip or dwp ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all ! Who do I request the assessors rs report from pip or dwp ? 
    DWP, PIP is part of DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.