Worried about my assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about my assessment

hende56
hende56 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ? iam Bill 

Comments

• hende56
    I have just had my assessment it was a nighmare worried ? about  parking. The the qquestion why do I have phone ? for why do I listen  to talking books ??I ostio arthritis in both knees for 10 years plus and in hips kneck and so on hands somesomet play up, can I text she said then I was asked to move my legs but left leg was really bad could hardly move it then she said can I touch your knees? I do not understand why I don't think they know what they  are doing except trying to trap you into saying the wrong things I found Ii very tiring this is my second time, which doing this last time they said I gripped the walking ? sticks tight so I can make simple meal and lost £100.00 a month stupid a I did get motor bility regards HendeHende56

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hende56 and a warm welcome to the community. Glad you have found us, but very sorry you've had such a tough time. Believe me, you're not alone in this.
    I think you could use some advice from one of our benefits advisors, so I'm going to forward your post to them and hope someone gets back to you fairly soon.
    In the meantime please don't hesitate to look around the site for things of interest, to tell us more about yourself or to ask any questions.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • hende56
    Hi ? many thanks for your reply 
    Hende 56 Bill
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hende56, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about your assessment experience. Have you requested a copy of the assessment report?
  • hende56
    No I have  not am I allowed. 
    Bill handle 56
  • hende56
    Sorry Hi ?  Pippa
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @hende56

Phone DWP and ask for a copy of assessor's report.

Most assessment reports are full of untruths.  Ask DWP for a mandatory reconsideration (MR).  You have 28 days from date of award letter to do this. If you are running out of time, ask without waiting for assessment report.  You have to ask for an MR before you can appeal.

advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

will generate an MR letter.

If MR fails be prepared to go to tribunal appeal as69% of appeals succeed.

Try to get some f2f help from CAB or similar.
  • hende56
    The asser also said do I like being on my own? Weird question ❔ I thought ? Hende56 Bill I found the whole thing  bizarre. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Bill/ @hende56, great to meet you! As @Matilda says, do contact the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessor's report- this will help to give insight into what your outcome may be.
  • hende56
    Yes ? I will thanks for your reply Bill
  • hende56
    Hi ? got my PiP but no enhance rate so they are going to take car ? away iveI had higher rate for 10 years, why have they suddenly stopped it iam worse now, with osteo arthritis. Iam going to appeal and Going the CAB office ?

Hende56

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Matilda said:
    @hende56

If MR fails be prepared to go to tribunal appeal as69% of appeals succeed.

Try to get some f2f help from CAB or similar.
    So glad that you advised the poster to seek the help of a qualified WRO.
    If the poster does manage to secure one and has to go to a tribunal the WRO can ensure that he gets a fair and proper hearing.
    I would however say that without such a rep the chances of winning is below 50% whilst with a rep working alongside him the chances increase to currently 71%!!
  • hende56
    Yes ? I will thanks for your reply  I need all help I can get so worried ? hende56
  • hende56
    What I don't  understand is I been through  my assessment in may 2018 and they  have said my Pips are going to altered to the new rate in July , but my letter regarding my old rate from 2015 does  not run ? out till Feb. 2019 very strange. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    hende56 said:
    What I don't  understand is I been through  my assessment in may 2018 and they  have said my Pips are going to altered to the new rate in July , but my letter regarding my old rate from 2015 does  not run ? out till Feb. 2019 very strange. 
    This is because for PIP reviews are taken place 1 year before the award is due to end. If a decision went in your favour then new payments and a new award date is given. The new decision over rules your old award regardless of when you other PIP award was until.

If you don't agree with the decision the you have 1 month to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. For this i'd advise you ring your local CAB or other disability advice centre in your area and they will help you through this process. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hende56
    Thank you very much for the info ℹ. I am going to the CAB Office ? Tues thanks again. 
    Hende56

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.