Do you think people with invisible disablities need more publicity and understanding? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you think people with invisible disablities need more publicity and understanding?

Options
saxgirl
saxgirl Community member Posts: 21 Connected
People with invisible disabilities are often misunderstood and not taken seriously, and more needs to be done to educate people.  Today we are seeing more and more people being diagnosed with Autism/Dyslexia/Tourettes/M.E, etc and these people need more support and connection and they need to have more services in place to make people feel that they are not alone, and they are capable of living a fulfulled life.

Do you think people with invisible disablities need more publicity and understanding? 5 votes

We should get more help with this
100%
AlexDeb1TopkittenPippa_AlumniDavidJ 5 votes
There is already lots of help for this
0%

Comments

• Julian
    Julian Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
  • DavidJ
    DavidJ Community member Posts: 55 Pioneering
    Options
    Definitely . 
    I can see a lot of trouble ahead with blue badge parking because of the changes coming in and the lack of information 
    x
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Although I agree more help is needed I believe that it is beyond the understanding of most people that do not suffer in such a way in most cases. I think people generally expect most things to be curable and do not like to admit that some can't just in case they get one too. Also it is extremely difficult to describe the more severe levels of most chronic conditions to anyone with no experience at all of any of them. It would be like explaining the difference between white and black to someone completely blind.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness