Liverpool PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Liverpool PIP Tribunal

bubbles40
bubbles40 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi 
Has anyone attended PIP tribunal at Dale St? Just wanting advice on parking vs public transport.  I am there later this week for PIP tribunal (which I'm dreading) but trying to way up the pros and cons of getting there.  The train is possibly the less stressful option for my Mum who is coming to support me as I know driving in the city centre at rush hr wouldnt be her first choice but it would mean she could hopefully drop me outside or very close and then park and come back to me.  The train  station doesnt look far but is further than I can normally comfortably walk and while I could plan for stops and push myself in order to get there I don't want them to penalise me for doing so and think that I could do that on a regular basis because I couldn't and I will suffer for the days following if I do that. Any advice greatly appreciated thanks x

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @bubbles40, why not get the train then a taxi to drop you off at the tribunal centres entrance. 

They may ask how you got there. And if your appealing mobility then walking that distance, even through the pain etc wouldn’t help.

Good luck with the tribunal 
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Train, would be best, were are u travelling from and a taxi from the train station would only be a couple of pound as it is very close.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

You can take a taxi from home to centre and make a claim for taxis, at the centre.

You need to take as much stress out of the situation as possible.

It will be a couple of weeks to get your travel costs.

Hope this helps
  • bubbles40
    Hi thanks for the suggestions, letter states that getting a taxi from home has to be agreed 14days in advance as I'm approx an hr from the centre by car I didnt even consider it an option and obviously too late to request it now if they need 14 days notice.  Think train and taxi from the station is probably the best bet and splash out a few pounds to get round the corner. Thanks everyone.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck and let us know how it goes
  • bubbles40
    Thanks @susan48 all done and dusted was pretty horrendous! The panel itself I found to be nice and encouraging. The DWP rep on the other hand was something else! Feel totally wiped out but the appeal went my way and I was awarded the standard rate of both components. Thanks for everyones advice!
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    well done Bubbles
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @bubbles40

Very good news for you.

Sorry the DWP presenting officer sounds like he was a right dipstick.

He was so good at his job, you got a double award.

He should get a bonus! Lol

Thanks for taking the time to let us know, it's so important that our community here's good outcomes.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there!!

We need more positive stories. Generally speaking on this specific board we only tend to talk about the horror stories. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.