Hi, my name is dalln771! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dalln771!

dalln771
dalln771 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I'm newly disabled and to be honest I don't know what to do or how to cope. I appear to have become invisible to the world. Pre to this I was a worker, traveler and an active member of society. Now nothing.

looking to get involved to help save my sanity and social interaction.

David

Comments

• Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    You have come to the right place. Neville in Plymouth Devon
  • kirsty333
    kirsty333 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    It is a hard wake up call when you have been very able bodied and emotionally stable and then suddenly go from being totally independent to being really isolated and feeling like you are just a number and the whole world is against you...But please remember that you are amongst people who are in the same boat now and we are all here for each other! I know nothing about your problems but I would suggest your first point of call would be the citizens advice bureau and then the dwp. Stay in this group to vent and/or offer/get advice. You will be truly amazed at the support that is out there! Best of luck with everything ? 
  • dalln771
    dalln771 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi and thank you both. I have been through the DWP both ESA and PIP successfully I must admit but it was arduous to say the least.
    i am intending to return to university and just gained a place on a PhD. I'm now trying to figure out how it will affect my benefits as it is quite expensive but I can't sit around much longer.
    David.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dalln771

Welcome to the community!

There are no words to describe how it feels when your life suddenly changes like that. I found that out 5 months ago. In this community you are surrounded by the most wonderful people. We want to support you anyway we can :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness