I A S (ATOS) all lies again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I A S (ATOS) all lies again

kerrieb1
kerrieb1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was on enchanced pip due to lifelong disabilities both physical and mentaly up until they assessed me and stopped my claim halfway through.....to cut along story short the assessor i had here in swindon wilts lied throughout my assessment with going against everything that was wrote in my previous assessment last year where i was awarded enchanced pip for 2 years....i was horrorfied at the lies this woman told as she even lied saying i never monitored my health hmmm in a diabetic so i have to monitor my blood work 9 times per day.....she also said that i drive a manual car so my legs were fine as i needed to use both legs for the peddles and my grip was fine as i needed to use both hand for steering my car and changing gear......my god that was a huge lie she told because i dont even have a manual car and im not likely to get one as i only have a automatic car of which has been adapted for my needs plus i only have passed my driving test in a automatic car so the law only allows me to drive a automatic car.(she even said i can plan journeys on my own(my ex hubby programmes my tom tom thats build into my automatic car and comes with me on every journey i make) ..she went onto say i park my manual car 200 meters from my front door....thats a lie as i park my car onto my small back garden safely in my garage 20 meters away from my front door....my god she even ignored what my exhubby told her about him managing my finances.....i have informed the dwp of the lies but they are still taking the assessors side and believing her lies even with all the evidence i sent them about the car/license i have :( ........what else can i do to as proof im not lying to convince the dwp my claim is genuine?......any advice will be deeply appreciated thankyou!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Hi,

Lies being told in the report happens a lot but unfortunately the DWP won't be interested in any lies that were told.

Driving a car, whether it's manual or automatic very often goes against people. However, your ex husband putting details into your sat nav will not score you any points in any of the PIP descriptors. A sat nav is not classed as a aid at all. Lots of people use sat navs for traveling. Your driving license is not classed as proof of any of your conditions. Lots of people have a driving license that only allows them to drive an automatic car and this will not prove anything to DWP about how your condition affects you. You will need other types of evidence such as letters from your GP, Consultant, Social worker, Occuptional Therapist, a diary written by yourself, a letter from someone that knows you well. These are the types of evidence that you should send to support your claim.

Your next step, if you haven't already done this is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you have 1 month from the date of the decision to requet this. You should put it in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. If you've already done this and the decision has remained the same then your next step is the Tribunal.

I'd advise you to get some help from your local CAB or other disability advice centre near you, they will help with the process and write letters for you. They will also advise you on the sort of evidence you need to support your claim. It does  seem like you don't quite understand some of the descriptors and what they mean. The following links should help you with your next steps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kerrieb1
    kerrieb1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited August 2018
    Thankyou for your links i already have the disabilities center in swindon helping me and i have a appointment in the morning with the CAB for advice with all my medical evidence as i suffer with aspergers and 11 other lifelong medical conditions that restrict me daily from doing day to day activities......so next step is tribuneral....then upper tribuneral if all else fails as the dwp should not have stoped my claim halfway through without good reason.....i have medical evidence that my conditions have got much worse this past year!...i still have time to go against their decission at tribuneral thank god!
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Often the assessment report contains inaccurate information. Get help from your local CAB office. They can help you with the process and advise you on evidence required to support your claim. Also ask them for a mandatory reconsideration in writing. Include examples of what you can not do without help. Remember that a satnav is not a aid. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.