Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
Had my Dla 24th july last one.and full esa on 26th  am due for was on 9th will it be the full esa.how much will it be after it

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    If that 24th July was your last DLA then your ESA payment will be less on the 9th. To know exactly how much it will be you'll need to ring ESA and ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    Yeah in had that feeling what is the amount thou 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sam12, here are the ESA helpline details if you'd like to ask them the amount:

ESA helpline
    Telephone: 0800 169 0310
    Textphone: 0800 169 0314
    Welsh language: 0800 328 1744
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
    Find out about call charges
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Income Related Support Group is £127.15 per week. If you were claiming SDP when you were claiming DLA you will lose this amount of £64.30 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    Going to lose 60 am I just rang them she goin to notify Dla now so I only money for food. How I pay for bills Kant cope I lose my landline and mobile which I need essential and water gas electric  my tv am in step change only pay catalouge 1 pound each if I do this will I get throu 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    sam12

I'm so sorry to read that you are losing over £60 per week in severe disability premium. 

Did you make a claim for Personal Independence Payment and get a negative decision? If so, I would suggest that it might be a good idea to check whether you have grounds to challenge this - through the mandatory reconsideration and if necessary the appeal process. 

Do let us know if you need help finding a local advice agency with whom you could discuss this. 

Gill_Scope
    Scope Helpline
    Tel: 0808 800 3333
  • sam12
    I all ready have a legal lawyer she has all my medical reports  plus other letters I got a physcaitrist comin out to me wed next wk learning difficulties. So many people give me problems I get skitted to.People should not alot people who not well I get it all the time even own family. Am with fightback4justicelawyers highly recommend from Lancashire well being lady 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.