How do I go about challenging a PIP decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I go about challenging a PIP decision?

Harrison22031976
Harrison22031976 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ppl my fiance has been denied pip because of a disagreement with assessor in the letter they have called her a liar on numerous occaaions not scoring her 1 point how do i go about challenging this ?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Harrison22031976   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing your story. I am very sorry this has happened. May I add also you are not alone. Lots of our community have shared similar stories.

I know some one from our community or team might advise.

All I can advise myself is to appeal. As for challenging the lies this is something a lot of the community have had.  Experience of.  If you read on the forum. 

There have been cases to court.  Which have been successful.  I would suggest speaking to CAB or welfare rights.  Other suggestions would be to speak to your MP.

They are always interested in the way our community is treated by ATOS or Capita.

All I can do is to add welcome and just say we are a friendly supportive community.

Please ask the community anything.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Harrison22031976 and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the PIP assessment. If you want to appeal the decision then there is some advice here. Please do us the community for support and we can help guide you through the process.
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ppl my fiance has been denied pip because of a disagreement with assessor in the letter they have called her a liar on numerous occaaions not scoring her 1 point how do i go about challenging this ?
    I doubt that the assessment report would contain the word 'liar'.

It is quite normal for an assessor to not believe anything that the claimant says as well not giving credit for evidence that has been sent in.
    It's the assessor's opinion only in the same way I would have an opinion.
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    What have they actually said in the assessment report? 
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    And what was the “disagreement”

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.