Filling out ESA form when you have Fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Filling out ESA form when you have Fibromyalgia

Karen30
Karen30 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am filling my esa  form in and was wondering do anybody know what to write for .. Picking up and moving thing  I Suffer from Fibromyalgia and  cfs, costoo hondritis and fibro fog, thank u x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Karen30   Pleased to meet you welcome.

All I can advise please can I suggest that you contact CAB to help with your form.

Understand the complexities of forms. So always have some one help me fill it in. Especially with the amount of information you need to complete.  Worth doing contacting them.

Has been a support worker or health worker. Now CAB very useful and supportive, have advisors especially trained to help.

Also please can I welcome you to the community. Lots of advice, information and plenty of new friends.

Add to that have a look at our Posts on Talk about Specific Conditions. Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Karen30, I hope the community is able to help with this and very best of luck with your claim! If there is anything that I can do then please get in touch :)
    Scope

• WeepingWillow
    WeepingWillow Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    edited August 2018
    @Karen30 When filling in these forms be careful not to tick boxes that tie you to a particular answer.  For example you might have boxes which say never, sometimes or it varies. If you tick it varies or leave the box unticked it gives you room under to explain what your limitations are it is always important to give as much information as possible.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    The picking up a box question is ridiculous because they base it on a light or an empty box. Totally crazy if you ask me. When i fill out my form for ESA i always make sure i look at the descriptors for each group first and decide which group i think i should be placed into.
    WRAG you need at least 15 points and Support Group isn't about points it's about satisfying at least one of those descriptors. See descriptors for each group below.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Karen30
    Karen30 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Thank you all who answered my question will take on board what u all have said thanks again x

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Karen30 Pleasure to help and advise. Also may I suggest have any problems with forms always try to seek some support.

These professions have a wealth of knowledge and suggestions.

Because they have done it all before with other clientele they have supported. 

Hope that helps.  Wish you the best.

Take care

@thespiceman  

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.