Will PIP turn me down because of medical evidence? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will PIP turn me down because of medical evidence?

Options
Maddison69
Maddison69 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all any advise would be great , recently applied for pip had face to face assessment report as been received and being sent out now waiting on a decision , I applied on the basis that I have fibromyalgia and also suffer really bad with panick attacks and anxiety , I’m at minute seeing a cbt regarding my anxiety and panick attacks but haven’t seen anyone regarding it apart from my doctor which is who I see for my fibro , I’m worried now that they might take this into account and not of even contacted my doctor , I never sent any medical evidence in just my application form and told them to contact my doctor she’s lovely and knows all about me , I often go and just sit there and cry ? because of my anxiety but I’m worried that pip might of not contacted her and just gone on what I said in my form , as anyone got any advise , I’ve got a feeling that I’m going to be turned down because of not enough medical evidence thanks in advance xx

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Maddison69   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing your story . Understand the situation you are in and the problems and issues all around the assessments.

All I can add is we as a community are supportive, friendly. Can understand the anxiety you have. Good to hear you are seeing and getting some support to deal with this.

May I also ask you to consider looking at what support I can get to help me further with my anxiety and panic attacks. I know a lot of stress and  anxiety around the outcome and what if. Please can I suggest have a look on line for mental health support. You can self referral . Many charities can be beneficial to help and support your mental health.

I have done this many times. I thought could help you.

May I suggest and wait till you get the outcome of your PIP. I know I suffer from anxiety and depression. Having gone through this before so many times. I want to reassure you that you first of need to wait the outcome.

Then if you do get refused I am sorry to tell you this you might then you need to be prepared for an appeal.  We as community then can support and help and advise.

Understand the anxiety I had my PIP few weeks ago.

Ask the community for anything else they can suggest or advise.  Regarding your well being or health.  Have a look at our posts on Talk about Specific Conditions. Also have a look at Practical Support and information.

Hope you find everything helpful and useful.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Maddison69
    Options
    Thanks for reply , I go to open mind for my anxiety and panick attacks , I have cognitive behavioural therapy , but I no it’s a long road ahead , not sure we’re it will help me or no , it’s the waiting it’s sending my anxiety through the roof ???
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    I'd call the DWP and tell them that you're sending further evidence, and to please wait for it (tell them GP letter takes a while, because they do). Send them a letter saying that too. Ask your GP to write a letter stating your conditions, meds, treatment, etc., and most importantly, how they affect your function for each of the activities. If she doesn't know, that's fine. 
    Make a copy! Then write your name, NI#, birthdate, and PIP number on it, and mail it in recorded delivery.
    Might help. :)
    Some people get it without any medical evidence at all 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim. I'm not convinced the DWP will wait for you to send evidence now especially as the report has been returned to them already.

I've only ever read 1 story where a person claimed to be awarded without evidence, i have no idea if that's true or not. Of course they could have contacted your GP but it's very rare. As you've asked for the report to be sent to you, you may receive this before the decision so you'll have some idea what the outcome will be.

If a decision doesn't go in your favour you'll be able to send evidence with the MR request. Hopefully for you this won't happen and you'll be awarded. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maddison69
    Options
    Thanks all I have asked for assessment report lady said will be with me in a week or so , and final decision could be up to 4 weeks , I first applied on 1st June which is date I rang up for my form and answered some questions over phone etc , I do need to see my doc so I might ask if pip have contacted her regarding me and go from there , but I suppose I’ll be able to tell from what the assessor wrote down , does our points go down on it or not or is it just a written report from the assessor, as I’m unsure who actually gives us our points whether it be the assessor or when it goes back for decision makers thanks all 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Somewhere in the report will be boxes with dots in them. You need to look at the PIP descriptors online and compare the dots with those, from that you'll be able to add up the points. The assessment provider doesn't add the points up. There will also be a written report and you'll be able to see exactly what was written during your assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maddison69
    Options
    Great thanks poppy I’ll keep a look out for that and get back to you all regarding assessment report xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.