I need sum one to help me with my esa hmc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need sum one to help me with my esa hmc

richardblinman
richardblinman Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I’m dislexik and I don’t understand wot I hav to do bout my esa Cort apple ples can sumone hello me 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @richardblinman, I hope we can help! Have you seen our page on appeals and tribunals? These videos may help...

https://youtu.be/tIHjSpNNbQo

https://youtu.be/2WEvbFVlQOc

Have a watch, and do come back to us with any questions!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Can you tell us some more information? Have you had an assessment and been found fit work? Are you asking about claiming ESA or are you in one of the groups?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • richardblinman
    Yes I have had a assment an ask for a mandrity reconsidered and I hav got my Cort. Hearing in 7 days but on the 23 ov November 2017 wen they rang me up and told me to sin on uc so it’s a nightmare for me at the moment trining to dill with it all on my om it is downing my he’d in I have to go to the job centre every 2 weeks to c a work coach a nd he won’t me to apliy for job s 
  • richardblinman
    Iv got uc Cort hearing to dill with as well and I fink I’m being discriminated by my work coach 
  • richardblinman
    I’m on pip which wos once mobility hi east but now mid rat career component so can’t travail now but job center is 7 mild away 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that @richardblinman, it sounds like you're dealing with a lot at the moment and I know it can seem really overwhelming.

Have you tried going to your local Citizens Advice to see if they can give you more direct support?
  • richardblinman
    Yes I hav try CAB but theay say theay can’t sky for me in Cort so I’m trying to do it myself I have learning problems and can’t finger out how to set my cace out for my Cort hearing it’s inposball Iv got a lot ov contradiction s in my assessment papers and support img evedens from my Doters dit I can’t an don’t no how to put it all in plas ???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have a Social Worker or support worker that can help you? If not then a family member maybe? If none of these are possible then maybe a search of your area on the internet to see what disability advice centres are near you, if any.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Richard,
    Don't panic too much about setting your case to the Tribunal - as long as you attend the hearing and answer the questions of the Tribunal they should be able to assess whether the DWP made the correct decision or not.
    Make it clear to the Tribunal that you have been really panicked as you wanted to set your case out properly for them but couldn't due to your disabilities - that you asked the CAB but they couldn't help you - this will be put on the record of proceedings then.
    Although it is always less stressful if you have a rep there with you, just having someone with you helps, so see if a friend or family member could go with you - they won't have to say anything. 
    The Tribunal is set up to deal with unrepresented appellants, and so will not ask you any legal questions - they will only ask you about your disabilities and how they affect you.
    Best of luck with it.
    Kind regards,
    Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• curiousmom1996
    curiousmom1996 Posts: 35 Courageous
    Do you have a social worker or not? I didn’t involve the social worker initially I was resourceful and relied on a online guide to help me fill out the killer form of questions. When we were fighting the decision I involved his social worker as much as possible. Your local CAB office will have information that pertains to your situation. Use the Internet to find out the contact number for your local office. Bear in mind that the whole purpose of a tribunal is to deal with unrepresented applicants. All of the questions are going to be about how much your disability affects your ability to do things. See if a friend or family member can come along with you for support. Good luck. Unfortunately the assessment reports are woefully inaccurate. Keep them in a folder or box and forget about them. 
  • richardblinman
    Fanks everyone for you’re advice it has given me a lot of confidence to complete my enormous task . I will keep you up to date ⚖️
  • richardblinman
    Win my appeal, for my esa,limited capability for work related activity currently getting universal creditbut no bodyknows what I have to do now,have been to cab but they don’t know what I need to do next
  • Regina
    Regina Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi Richard, I have been to 3 tribunals because the DWP stated I was fit to work. 3 times my case was overturned. There is no need to panic, just tell them how your condition affects your day to day life.
    Good Luck.
  • richardblinman
    Iv bin to my Cort apill and it wos great ed I got wrag  but the same day my Cort paper s drops froo the door  for my uc Cort papers drops froo so hav I got to go froo it all agen ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.