How do I contact Tribunal number? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I contact Tribunal number?

Mikey44
Mikey44 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone 

Comments

• Mikey44
    I’ve been reading posts on here lately and I know the feeling that all of you are having ??,I was given Higher Rate Mobility and Living Rate,and after 1 and a half years they gave me a new Medical,I am registered Partially Blind but seemingly that’s not good enough for PIP who have put me down to Lower Rate now 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mikey44 and a warm welcome to the community. I hope you find it a supportive environment and contribute as much or as little as you want. I am sorry to hear about your PIP decision, as you said, many of the community will be able to relate. Did you ever appeal this decision?
    Scope

• Mikey44
    Hi Chloe I appealed and was not successful but I am now awaiting a date for my Tribunal as in my Medical the Lady who assessed me said I took a card out of my wallet and replaced it without any problem(which never happened) but due to that she said I was now able to Make up my tablets/cook dinner for two without any issues and also walk 200 metres unaided which sadly are all untrue my wife cares for me and without her I would not be able to go on.These people think it’s fun doing their job but I have not left my house alone in almost 2 and a half years 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Mikey44 I am really sorry to hear this! I hope your tribunal case is a success and if you need any support then please do let us know!
    Scope

• Mikey44
    Thank you does anyone know the Tribunal Number as I haven’t heard anything and am concerned so my Social Worker said we need to call to confirm they received the Appeal letter ??
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    They will contact you but it is a long job up to 9 months for a tribunal
    After you sent the appeal to the court they send a copy to the DWP who will send you a folder with all your correspondence you have had with them over the years and this is their evidence for the tribunal you will have the opportunity to submit evidence 
    Every time you send a letter to the courts or DWP you can expect to wait 28 days for a reply
    The court will tell you when the case is listed then you can ring them to ask how long is the waiting time in your area
    I live in the midlands and my last tribunal took over 12 months from first appealing
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mikey44, try 0300 123 1142 (that's the number listed on this page). Otherwise, there should be a contact number on your previous letters from the DWP which you can call. Best of luck!
  • Mikey44
    Thank you all very much it has been so stressful and they are taking the car on Monday now so I’m really stuck now??I suffered a Stroke which caused the Blindness and as a result I suffer seizures now which my daughter has witnessed and now she is suffering as she is afraid to go to school/shops anything which takes her away from me.My 2 other kids worry all the time also I just want this Hell to end I’m on depression tablets????? Before this I was confident now I’m a blubbering mess and the car was my wife’s only escape for an hour or so a day but now it’s going ????
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Mikey44

When did you send in your appeal papers?  Have you received any correspondence from the tribunals service?  If so there will be a number on there.  If you only sent papers in the past couple of weeks you should hear soon.

Many assessors tell lies.  Tribunals know this so don't pay much attention to Assessors' reports.  They find out for themselves what you can and can't do.  71% of appeals succeed.
  • Mikey44
    I sent the forms off 4 weeks ago Matilda but have heard nothing and no numbers have been received as of yet ??
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Then I suggest you try the number Cloe gave you, Mikey.
  • Mikey44
    Yep will do my wife has to call them as she is my appointee so I can make dinner sort out my 15 Tablets a day walk a couple of hundred metres a day but can’t make a phone call ?? it’s just all wrong and stupid. ??
  • Mikey44
    Thank you Matilda and Chloe for your help We spoke to Tribunal people who said they sent a pack out but we haven’t received as of yet and it was sent on the 20th July ?? but they have said the big pack hasn’t been sent yet as DWP have not sent their evidence over yet so it will be delayed but the car is still being taken ???!!! How is that fair to anyone?? But thank you ladies for your help with the number and advice.I will be back as soon as I get my date ???
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Mikey44, thank you for keeping us updated on this! I hope you receive the back soon and that it isn't too long for your date- good luck!
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Mikey44 said:
    DWP have not sent their evidence over yet so it will be delayed but the car is still being taken ???!!! How is that fair to anyone?? 
    But then is it fair on Motability if you are allowed to have continual use of one of their cars and they are not being paid for it as you no longer are entitled to the relevant benefit?
    There is always the other side to every story/situation.
  • Mikey44
    I see that but it’s been kinda a comfort for the drop in money,as I am unable to work or drive so losing most of my money is a pain 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.