Hi, my name is Fight4EverMum! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Fight4EverMum!

Fight4EverMum
Fight4EverMum Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hello Everyone, I chose Fight4EverMum as my username as everything for my son is ALWAYS having to be fought for.

My son is 5 & has a form of CP, as well as being under assessment for ASD & ADHD.

It's so exhausting  

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fight4EverMum

Welcome to the community!

There are many parents within the community who have been or currently in the same position as yourself, I'm sure they will get in contact soon to offer their advice :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Fight4EverMum

We have lots of information for parents here that might help you and also a few videos made by parents for parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glACggVD_kM&feature=youtu.be

I hope you enjoy the community, we have some really supportive and caring members, jump in and get involved. If you have any questions, just let us know.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Welcome.

I am afraid that everything to do with getting support for almost every disability is difficult, stressful and quite a fight. With the government constantly trying to spend less on benefits I cannot see this improving any time soon.

Good luck though.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    @Fight4EverMum as a parent of a disabled child I can honestly say it is a constant fight for certain things, however the thing you will not have to fight for is support. You will be able to find groups near you, or online if you can not get out quite as easily who can at least talk to you about things locally and possible meet ups.

Sometimes talking about disablities with parents who have no experience of them can make you feel like they dont understand and you feel more alone, so I would certainly recommend getting in touch with more people who do understand your situation as it goes a long way to giving the emotion support to allow you to feel more empowered in dealing with your sons case.

Good luck x
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.

Brightness