Invisible illnesses — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Invisible illnesses

jennybeth
jennybeth Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi my name is jenny im 62 yrs old i have 2 grown up daughters i have 6 grandchildren . For years i had psoriasis from the neck down and 12 years ago it webt not a mark on me and still to this day BUT it went inside i have psoratic arthritis i also have spondolytis ,fibromyalgia, emphysema/asthma , rheumatoid arthritis the list is endless im on 35 tablets a day plus an injection every fortnight winter for me is horrendous im a recluse as i cant walk so i do what i can in summer i wont let this pain and im in a lot of pain stop me doing what i want to do so i paint a smile on my face and greet my grandkids with fun i hope someone reading this can smile as there reading this 

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @jennybeth, good for you, you should be very proud of yourself and the way your not letting your illnesses hold you back.
    Im sure your family are very proud of you too x
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    edited August 2018
    And there was me thinking my 26 tablets a day was impossible to keep up with, lol! Fortunately I am down to 19 a day and 3 patches every 3 days. So.... good times for everyone hey? Rotfl!

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • jennybeth
    Thank you susan we do what we can my lively its hard sometimes but we get there xxx good for you topkitten keep up the good work my love as long as your not in pain ok xxx
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    @jennybeth, unfortunately not in pain doesn't exist with chronic pain. It was explained to me by the Pain Clinic that they only medicate to remove 70% of the pain suffered. The reason not to get rid of it completely is that the person could be so heavily medicated that, if they hurt them self, they might never feel damage and would not therefore deal with it properly which could lead to death through Sepsis or maybe losing a limb due to necrosis or other equally horrible things.

TK.
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • jennybeth
    I dont know which is worse love im in psin from the min i get up till bedtime 24/7 is best to describle it on heavy painkillers morphine etc never ends but hey im breathing.....just! X

Brightness