Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

tamtam
tamtam Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello I’m new to all this. Just started a claim for esa had my first payment but my sick note ran out last Monday and got an appoin
this Monday coming for new sick note plus I forgot to post a less than month old bank statement which should have been done before Thursday just gone now I’m worried what will happen I’m going to get sick note and bank statement Monday any thoughts will they have closed my claim down 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    As you have an appointment on Monday then you'll be able to sort these issues out then, as i'm not sure anyone can answer those questions here. If they haven't received a fit note by a certain time then they would suspend payments, as for bank statements as this is most likely to do with savings and means tested benefits then it make stop payments, if they don't receive what they asked for.

For future reference though, you do need to make sure they receive your fit notes otherwise you could find yourself not receiving your payments on time. It's the claimants responsibility to make sure the fits notes are sent.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tamtam
    So they wouldn’t shut my claim down tho would they I haven’t received a letter or anything 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2018
    I think the worst they may do is suspend payments rather than close your claim and then contact you by sending a letter. As it's the weekend now there's nothing you can do until Monday, take everything you've been asked to take, including the fit note on Monday and ask them the questions. Payments for ESA are every 2 weeks, if you're not due a payment soon then you'll be able to sort it Monday.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tamtam
    I’m due a payment on Thursday so that might be affected just don’t want my claim closing that’s all I’ll get fit note and back statement on Monday and try go job centre to fax it all over plus ringing esa Monday to explain 
  • poppy123456
    You'll need to send them as soon as possible, if you don't then your payments could well be suspended. I would ring your GP first thing in the morning regarding the fit note and then get the bank statement and ask your local JC to send them for you. Pointless ringing ESA until you have done this. Your Thursday's payment is due to be sent either Monday or Tuesday to arrive in your bank for Thursday.
  • tamtam
    Thank you so much for your help I’m a worrier and I’ve had no sleep last night thinking about it if my payment is going to be late due to this then so be it as it’s my fault just don’t want them closing it my claim all down altogether I’m going to the local library to get bank statement printed Monday morning but will be ringing the docs first thing to get a fit note done for Monday afternoon then hopefully get them all up to job centre to fax over just hope they will fax it over for me 
  • curiousmom1996
    curiousmom1996 Posts: 35 Courageous
    Send it as soon as possible. The best course of action is to contact your GP in the morning and request a sick note. After that you need to obtain a bank statement from your bank. Get in contact with your jobcenter asking them to send you it. It is not a good idea to ring ESA until you have phoned.  We are unfortunately unable to answer any of your questions here. It’s the weekend now so wait for Monday to ask them your questions. Make sure that you have some much needed answers to your questions. 
  • tamtam
    It’s just because it’s the weekend and I can’t sort anything out now so I’m panicking so much the bank statement is just for identification purposes they needed a less than one mo Yh old one so off to my local library to get it printed as my bank had sent me there before they said they couldn’t do it and I will be on phone to docs first thing Monday after all that then should I ring esa and tell them 
  • poppy123456
    I'm very surprised you received your first payment as you didn't take the bank statement. As advised previously you should ring ESA after you sent want you need to.
  • tamtam
    My bank statement was due in till the 2nd that was the date it had to be in by t
    That’s why I got paid 
  • curiousmom1996
    curiousmom1996 Posts: 35 Courageous
    Any update OP? What happened? Were you successful or not? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.