My son has just won his appeal for PIP after 3 years!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son has just won his appeal for PIP after 3 years!!

clareg
clareg Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son has just won his appeal for PIP after 3 years!! The tribunal was so intimidating for him, he is only 17 and has been through so much i can't begin to explain. DO NOT GIVE UP. I know the DWP hope you will but if you are genuine keep going.
I wondered if anyone knows if i can claim for backdated carers allowance?
It seems unfair if not 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @clareg and welcome to the community! Thank you so much for sharing this with us all, and congratulations to you and your son for winning the claim! I am unsure about the backdated carers allowance, it may be worth making a separate post about this on the carers allowance board. Please do have a look around and let me know if there is anything else that I can do :)
    Scope

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @clareg

A very warm welcome.

Well done to your son, for stoic efforts to get his PIP award.

With reference to back dating of your Carer's Allowance.

Why not contact Carer's Allowance Unit to find out, the: 0800 731 0297.

Let us know how you get on.
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi

I would contact Carer Allowance Unit to find out for sure. Please do keep us updated. Congratulations to both of you guys. 
  • maekin
    maekin Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    clareg said:
    My son has just won his appeal for PIP after 3 years!! The tribunal was so intimidating for him, he is only 17 and has been through so much i can't begin to explain. DO NOT GIVE UP. I know the DWP hope you will but if you are genuine keep going.
    I wondered if anyone knows if i can claim for backdated carers allowance?
    It seems unfair if not 
    Great news, he definitely deserves an outcome after so long, could you please tell me if it was the first appeal he had made, I have just lost my appeal and don't think it was right do you know if I can appeal the appeal decision. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    maekin said:

Great news, he definitely deserves an outcome after so long, could you please tell me if it was the first appeal he had made, I have just lost my appeal and don't think it was right do you know if I can appeal the appeal decision. 

You can only do this if an error in law was made in making the decision. First you need to ask the Tribunal for the statement of reasons, from that you have to find someone to take a look to see if an error in law can be found. If not then you can't appeal the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kafoleg
    Kafoleg Community member Posts: 21 Connected

Great new! I do hope many more peoples to win in Tribunal appeal to PIP. And I hope PIP will be replace back to DWP.

I think PIP is not there to help and support disabled people but to cut down and take away the benefit for disabled people. My disabled is from child hood and is permanent and obviously is a severe sufferer any normal eye can see... But my disabled is not suffering enough with PIP!    

I have a permanent disabled with walking as I have struck of polio from child hood and have received higher for mobility by DLA award for life since 1992...Now I am as 69 years old and my health is breaking down with age...But PIP new assessment did reduced my mobility to lower rate to awarded to 2023 but when I ask PIP to looking to reconsidering my case the new assessor decision it to cut all my mobility allowance but still for me to keep personal daily help allowance...but reduced the award time to a shorter time is 2021. I am devastating and could not understanding this PIP system... How could my assessors allowed to reverted the last assessor's decisions to cut more on my award?

I am worry that the PIP assessors job is there just to do the CUT not for giving reward to helping to ward us disabled peoples...PIP does effecting my life! I am thinking of going to tribunal appeal anyone there to give me some thought and advice.

Thank you

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    To put it bluntly PIP was enacted only to save money. Forget the hype, it is a money saving machine.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • clareg
    clareg Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    This was his first appeal,  thanks for all comments and suggestions
  • april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Congratulations xx
  • Kafoleg
    Kafoleg Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Congratulations xx 
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Hi there. 

Great news, wow after three years too! Congratulations to your son, no mean feat at 17, to fight his corner, well done that lad  X 

And I do hope they backdate carers allowence. X Pip
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.