I want to appeal PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I want to appeal PIP decision

Kafoleg
Kafoleg Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I want to appeal PIP decision. Anyone have any experience?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Kafoleg   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Have a look at our information on Talk about PIP .  Plenty of comments, advice from community members that may help.

All I can is we are a friendly supportive community care and share.

Ask the community any thing?

Hope you get the successful outcome you want.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    The first step is to ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) and you have 1 month to request this. You should put the request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. Get some help from your local CAB if possible, if they are unable to help then a search of your area to see what other disability advice centre can help.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kafoleg

Thank you @thespiceman. You are very kind to warm welcome me.

I will do looking out to read more from other members.

I am glad to found your page and will be follow with heart.

@Kafoleg

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Kafoleg   Thank you for reply good to hear from you.

The forum I would suggest having a look around especially benefit knowledge. 

Education is the key I think and personal experience from others of the community I know helps me. Advice, information all filed away in my head.

Not all the community are benefit experts but there are those who have acquired knowledge which is useful to all our members.

Thanks to them much appreciated. I am wiser and learning.

Take care pleasure to meet you.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Kafoleg

<3<3<3  Hi to poppy123456 

How lovely to have you say hi and is nice to meet you.

Thank you very much for your kind post and advice.

Thanks for the useful link you have shared here. I will need to have CAP advice me for this.

@Kafoleg

• Kafoleg

Dear @thespiceman

Thank you for your reply. I am a new learner and I will keep on learning from other.

Great Scope!!! Wishing you doing well.

@kafoleg

• Kafoleg

Hello @poppy123456. Pleased to meet you.

Thanks again for your good advice. Today I look at the link you shared, I have learned a lot more and I understand about how much points I should get and I am now do feel a little bit more confident that I should do appeal. As I am a polio sufferer from a child... I have paralysed one leg and have one weaker hand and arm. I have received higher rate for mobility long time ago until PIP have change to cut it down to standard rate in 2017. I have accepted and then in may 2018 my health has gone down so badly I have so much more problem with walking, so I did asking PIP to looking at my case again.... PIP doesn't help me more but did CUT and stopped my mobility.

I did ask PIP for reconsidering my case.PIP replied that's the decision will not change and said I do have one month to appeal to tribunal.

The last time in 2017 PIP assessor give me 12 points for mobility, my paralysed leg only getting worst with age as I am now at a pensioner age. How come 1 year later PIP = my new assessor gave me only 4 point for moving around to stopped payment for mobility? This is heavy blow to my depression, the cut came as a shock ... I feel hurt and just curling up with more pain.

I believed my assessor does sympathy with me and does seeing me as a genuine claim for disabled but her job is here to STOP payment. I am so shock and upset but I couldn't blaming her... She is a young lady she's have a perfect hand and a beautiful strong leg...She have a good job and happy she's would never understanding how much someone like me have to suffer and she would not know how desperate we disabled peoples do suffer and we needs to hang on to our dear life to live with dignify and need to living independent as long as possible then to need a carer.

I am a genuine severe disabled person. I am in need of help for mobility and do have enough points for my claim. But it is seems to be all depending on luck of who's doing assessment !!! I read many peoples lost appeals... So I am afraid to go to tribunal appeal.... I wouldn't want to put my self in shame to standing on a tribunal to asking to be a burden... I will be so embarrass at tribunal court to fight for payment that's wasn't my hard earned money. Thinking like this I am just given up...curling up with my own pain. 

If the Government policy is to CUT the benefit for disabled people then I am accepting.... I do know some other disabled peoples out there are needed help and support like me but they do afraid to make claim......Some peoples so old and so ill to cope with these hurdle and their just curling up and suffer in silent.

I wish I don't have any disabled and I wish I can manage my own life and able to help other peoples in needs...I know it is not in my power... I only just wish...

My heart thought it is not only speak for myself how I feel but for many other disabled people out there... they must be feeling hopelessly lost.  

@Kafoleg

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @Kafoleg Your post says exactly how I feel, but far more eloquently than I can. Thank you. You're not alone.
  • Kafoleg

<3<3<3  @kafoleg to Waylay

Hi Waylay!!!! Nice to meet you Waylay.

Thank you for your comment! I am glad to found your feeling exactly like me!!!

Welcome to be my friend on this Boat of Pain for being a disabled person. But don't worry we are disabled but we are still human being, we still having some dignity and heart felt for the other pain and suffering... When there is no kindness and caring left in this world then this life's would be so ugly to living in... Maybe to help ours pain; what we can do is to share and care for each other to help us and the other to be kind and be awareness of those disabled in needs of help...Maybe we are so weak to do anything for the other but keep writing and post our feeling may be would help to speaking out for many other who's just in pain but curling up and die in silent of shame. Writing in here like this I might not doing any good  to helping myself but I am feeling strongly I want speaking out to help the other who is like me but suffering in silent.

Maybe many others like you or like me would joins us in to speaking up about how we are feel and we do need some dignity and help from each other that's we are not alone.

God blessing us all.

@Kafoleg

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Kafoleg said:
    The last time in 2017 PIP assessor give me 12 points for mobility, my paralysed leg only getting worst with age as I am now at a pensioner age. How come 1 year later PIP = my new assessor gave me only 4 point for moving around to stopped payment for mobility?  

I do know some other disabled peoples out there are needed help and support like me but they do afraid to make claim......Some peoples so old and so ill to cope with these hurdle and their just curling up and suffer in silent.

There may well be some point to this.
    Like yourself I was receiving DLA High Mobility & Care. When I came to be 65 in 2013 I moved over to PIP They reduced my award to 0.
    Not just once but three times at re-assessment time.

You have to remember that if you lose your Mobility award after 65 and you don't get it back you lose the right to it forever. It is to the advantage for the DWP to keep trying to take the award off anybody that is over 65.

As for giving up I only know full well how that feels. I gave up my PIP this year because I could not face re-assessment after re-assessment every couple of years for the rest of my life - and I have lost my mobility car for ever.
  • Kafoleg

Hi @Jadnad Thank you for your kind to sharing with me your lost of DLA High Mobility & Care. I know how you feel ...you helped me to not feeling so low for thinking that's I was treated so cruel and un fair. 

Yes I am given up too and I just curling up my pain and learning to cope with more pain are coming ... 

my thought to you and many others out there having going through this like me. Might God bless us all to learn to live with our pain and we will keep on going  living with our dignified..xxx   

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @Kafoleg Sorry for disappearing on you - I have mental health problems, and to be honest, I completely lost my sh*t. However, I won my tribunal last week! Standard/Standard. Should have gotten Enhanced/Enhanced, but I don't think my mental health could take another appeal, so I'll probably just leave it. They gave me an extra 3 years, and that's amazing. I hope things are going well with you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.