Tribunal advice - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal advice

Options
13»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    thara said:
    Hi there 

You have to contest the decision. Ask for a mandatory reconsideration immediately do not hesitate to do so. Gather all the required evidence. Also ask your local CAB office for advice and support. 
    Paddy has just had a Tribunal hearing and failed to get the minimum number of points for an award.

• Yadnad
    Options
    Paddy74 said:
    Well just back from the tribunal. Went from 2 points to 7 . 1 point under what can I do now . Give up and start again . Or can I contest the tribunal and how . Feel so let down 
    I'm sorry to hear that. Only way to appeal this decision is if an error in law was made. You'll need to ask for the statement of reasons and 

……….and record of proceedings
  • Yadnad
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Paddy74 said:
    Ya best get your new claim filled in properly. By the charities . Such hard work 1 point out . Not gonna let them win probably in a better position now as more meds and help blah blah . Are the records from this claim held for a new one 
    I would strongly suggest that you do seek help somewhere asking for them to give an opinion on the merits of your entitlement. It is possible that you are not entitled to PIP  
    Yes they are kept by the DWP. Putting in a new claim so soon after failing at a Tribunal will be hard to get past the DWP unless the new claim is so well completed with good evidence.
  • Paddy74
    Paddy74 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Asked for the statement of Reason . Ya the charities gave me 12 points pre tribunal so from 2 to 7 getting somewhere ??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.