Cares allowance and pension — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cares allowance and pension

Options
quincy
quincy Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi my hubby claims carers for me but is due to have his old age pension in May next year will we be able to get carers or is there something similar once he reaches old age .things won t change as far as how he looks after me . 

Comments

• Suzanne_HFAut54
    Suzanne_HFAut54 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I need this answering too but in my case l need to know also if l should register myself disabled before l receive my pension because the rate is higher. ? I was diagnosed with Autism at aged 62. .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    quincy said:
    Hi my hubby claims carers for me but is due to have his old age pension in May next year will we be able to get carers or is there something similar once he reaches old age .things won t change as far as how he looks after me . 
    Hi,
    You can't claim Carers Allowance and state pension, unfortunately. You'll have an underlying entitlement to it and it could increase any means tested benefits you claim. See this link for full details.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I need this answering too but in my case l need to know also if l should register myself disabled before l receive my pension because the rate is higher. ? I was diagnosed with Autism at aged 62. .
    Hi,
    There's no such thing as a disabled register anymore.

If you mean receiving more pension credit, if this is claimed then there's something called Severe disability premium. To qualify for this you need a PIP daily living award or DLA mid/high rate care and live alone, or be classed as living alone and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Well said really good infomation 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.