home visit - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

home visit

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Debzs said:
    I have a miriad of illness's ad stated by my doc which theyvth blatantly ignored I feel intimidated and threatened by whole process x
    Are you suggesting that the assessor or the DWP are at all interested in the myriad of illnesses you suffer from?
    They are not. They only want to know and backed up with evidence, what the impact on your life is and how you translate that impact to the PIP descriptors.
  • Debzs
    Debzs Community member Posts: 35 Courageous
    True I agree however I think my docs letter said it all and was ignored it will work itself out eventually 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Debzs said:
    True I agree however I think my docs letter said it all and was ignored it will work itself out eventually 
    It may well do but does the GP 's letter explain how you are suffering, what the impact is and has he referred his comments to line up with the PIP descriptors?

In other words has he specifically stated say 'X cannot walk more than 15 metres without having to stop before being able to carry on. He suffers from pain as soon as he starts to walk This is caused by X. On at least 5 occasions that I am aware he has fallen over and required assistance to get back on his feet.'
  • Debzs
    He commented on my mental disorder my neurology impairment, my medication changes and the fact Iam agoraphobia is an important issue for me, that's all , stated facts 
  • needmorehelp
    needmorehelp Community member Posts: 6 Listener

In lots of ways you may be better going to centre if you can,  as you might be more relaxed in you own home, and that could have an impact on your outcome.

I know its hard to call.

• Debzs
    Yeah I know what you mean 
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Debzs, Yadnad is right. It isn't your  illnesses they are judging you on but the impact   they have on your daily life that is important.  Secondly you can have bits of  legislation quoted at you ad infinitum it won't advance your cause because the bottom line is if you cannot resolve this with the assessment centre and  you do not attend your file will be returned to the DWP.   
    Have they given you a date for your assessment? You can see your GP again and explain to them what has happened and go with what they suggest.  I wish you luck in any case.
  • Debzs
    True I'm stuck in a memory from last time, it'll work it's self out regardless of any worry from me, 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.