I had my Pip assessment at a centre — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had my Pip assessment at a centre

Options
muddley
muddley Community member Posts: 2 Listener
it was awful I have fibromyalgia osteoporosis arthritis 
i was feeling terrible when I got there, nobody around complete silence, then I was called I had been dropped off by my daughters carer, I can’t drive right now because of my hip!! She started the questions and asked me when I last saw the doctor I said I can’t remember, ( I am seeing a dementia doctor soon ) she turned and said well if you can’t answer my questions then you will have to come back!! I had traveled for 50min and was tired and in pain!! I have asked for the report of which I now have she states I do not wear glasses and my vision is normal, she did not test my eyes and I have worn glasses for 37yrs, she has written other things that are not true!!! I could not take anyone with me I am on my own and I live in Somerset and my older children in London, I do not have friends so what else could I do. CAB filled out my form because I couldn’t, I just burst into tears in her office, I feel like giving up!! I am 67 and share a house with my landlord.

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    muddley said:
    it was awful I have fibromyalgia osteoporosis arthritis 
    i was feeling terrible when I got there, nobody around complete silence, then I was called I had been dropped off by my daughters carer, I can’t drive right now because of my hip!! She started the questions and asked me when I last saw the doctor I said I can’t remember, ( I am seeing a dementia doctor soon ) she turned and said well if you can’t answer my questions then you will have to come back!! I had traveled for 50min and was tired and in pain!! I have asked for the report of which I now have she states I do not wear glasses and my vision is normal, she did not test my eyes and I have worn glasses for 37yrs, she has written other things that are not true!!! I could not take anyone with me I am on my own and I live in Somerset and my older children in London, I do not have friends so what else could I do. CAB filled out my form because I couldn’t, I just burst into tears in her office, I feel like giving up!! I am 67 and share a house with my landlord.
    Blimey at least I made it to 70 before I closed down my PIP claim. Having had 3 of these face to face assessments resulting reams of fiction worthy of the shelves of Waterstones, you now have to follow the system and apply for a MR. Every chance is that it won't change the decision then it is off to the Tribunal with an appeal.

Don't worry about what has been written, what you have experienced many 1,000's of others have had the same.

• muddley
    muddley Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.