UC helping with PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC helping with PIP?

Options
Melanie1265
Melanie1265 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I have previously applied for PIP (this was declined even though I'd been on the higher rate of DLA for a few years). I have had a mandatory reassessment, also declined. I am now waiting for a tribunal hearing.   I have just been told that I am in the limited capability for work and related activities group with Universal credit.  This is due to a severe functional disability (their words). Does anyone know the the likelihood that this will help with my PIP claim? TIA

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Melanie1265   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. I am unsure of an answer to your question.  I am sure a member of our team or community will know.

Have a look at our benefit advice Talk about PIP. Could be a solution there.

Also may I suggest contacting CAB they have a lot of information, advice on benefit knowledge.

I wanted to welcome you. We are a supportive community . Friendly, care and share.

Ask the community anything some one will know.

Wish you the success in your PIP tribunal. We are here to support and advise so please ask if we can help.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Melanie1265 and a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you have had to take your PIP to tribunal. I believe that benefits are assessed completely separately so it wouldn't have any impact on your PIP decision. However, the reason why you receive UC may have cross over factors that would support PIP. Please do get involved with the community and let me know if you need anything else :) 
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have previously applied for PIP (this was declined even though I'd been on the higher rate of DLA for a few years). I have had a mandatory reassessment, also declined. I am now waiting for a tribunal hearing.   I have just been told that I am in the limited capability for work and related activities group with Universal credit.  This is due to a severe functional disability (their words). Does anyone know the the likelihood that this will help with my PIP claim? TIA
    I doubt it as the two benefits have different criteria.
    Likewise with DLA I was on High Care & Mobility for years yet PIP saw fit to give me no points at all.
    I doubt very much that they actually check the DLA file for any relevant evidence that can be used and certainly don't have to give any explanation why just two years earlier I had my DLA re-confirmed (mobility unable to walk more than 50 metres)) yet under PIP I can walk without any difficulty more than 200 metres!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.