I have just failed my medical with (Esa) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have just failed my medical with (Esa)

Peanut41
Peanut41 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, just a little hacked off with Dwp at the moment as I was on a supported learning group esa and now I am expected to work nothing about my condition has changed. In fact it has got worse. Saw my housing officer last week had a major panic attack when asked question to do with a jsa claim as was advised by my job coach from esa to go to claim that benifit. Also gonna have a mandertory reckonsileaion for esa so got suck not to cover three months but really can't speak to jsa as I know I can't work. Eight years of mental abuse from ex. 

Comments

• Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    ImI new to this community, itsi all such a mine field. 

I hope you get some answers, and a better outcome. Everyone's super supportive here. 
    P x
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    edited August 2018
    @Peanut41 Do you mean you were in the support group or in the WRAG with support from  a work coach from the jobcentre?  You are right in that the mandatory reconsideration is the next step forward. You might want to get some help with writing that from the CAB . You have to concentrate on areas of the assessment which you think they have got wrong.
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Can Peanut be paid the assessment rate of ESA whilst waiting for the Mandatory Reconsideration decision to be made?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    debkenzo said:
    Can Peanut be paid the assessment rate of ESA whilst waiting for the Mandatory Reconsideration decision to be made?
    No, this is only possible while waiting for a Tribunal. It will be JSA while waiting for the MR providing their area isn't a full Universal Credit area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Peanut41
    Peanut41 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    We ain't Universal credit area. Even speaking on the phone to them is too much. 
  • al1b0y13
    al1b0y13 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    they failed me then reduced my esa i went to a tribunal and won and eventually got the missed payments,they do these things to grind you down.appeal in the first instance.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    As you're not in a full UC area then claiming JSA with a fit note could be possible. You should speak to your local CAB or the likes who will guide you through this and help you with your ESA MR/Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
  • Debzs
    Debzs Community member Posts: 35 Courageous
    Omg bless you, I have an assessment looming, Al lose my home and furniture,council won't rehouse me, homeless, am praying I will still get housing benefit to stay wer Iam, how long is mandatory appeal take? how are you going to manage ? Do you have support for this awful time for you 
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hello Debz
    At your assessment, please do not be fooled by their pleasantries and smiles.  These assessors have only one agenda, and that is to fail you!  Let them see how bad you are on your worst days.  Do not relax for one minute!  Show them just how much you struggle in your daily life.  If you feel you are not able to climb onto the examination bed, then refuse and tell them you are not fit enough.  If they ask you to do certain movements, then tell them you are not able to as it would cause you more pain etc.  You are NOT obliged to do anything that they ask of you if it will cause you pain.  Do not worry BY you refusing these exercises, this will not go against you.  Do not compromise yourself for these monsters.  They do not care for you or anyone! They only care about how many claimants they can fail each day!!!  Think only of yourself at the assessment.  I wish you well :)
  • Debzs
    Sorry for late reply my heads a mess, they've used my doctor's words against me, saying I get taxi for a short journey,I always use same taxi firm and same driver fir 100yards away they've sed I can use a taxi to docs then I can use taxi to get to them,my doc sent an amazing letter which they have ignored,Iam actually thinking of contacting my local MP 
  • Debzs
    No sleep for 48hours this usually leads to a manic state, don't feel well at all x
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this @Debzs- how frustrating for you. I understand it's a really difficult time, but please do look after yourself as best as you can.

When you're feeling up to it, there's some guidance on the DWP appeals process here, and if you do decide to contact your MP, there's a great resource for doing so here. Keep us updated, and take care.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.