NEED ADVICE ON PIP WHAT TO DO A DILEMMA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NEED ADVICE ON PIP WHAT TO DO A DILEMMA

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello my friends and every body.  The decision have arrived for PIP.

Got standard rate for daily living not happy with some things .  The assessor said.  I have no points for mobility.  Which I thought would get.

Enhanced rate for the car. Unfortunately not so.  Should I send in MR or should I leave it.  My thoughts are at the moment a lot of anxiety.

Got standard rate to 2021 .  

Looking at what is required for Motability part is 12 points.  I do know to me I think that I will not get it.  Have disability of feet and hands . Fingers toes missing. Planning a journey was another part scored zero on.  Seems a long way from me getting around. Do struggle and walk and the assessor knowledges that.

Dilemma is this then.  Understanding all that and is it worth appealing.  I know am stranded with out a car.  Yet do a lot of the menial stuff on line shopping, banking. Now medication.  The time spent outside rarely do not go out.  Except appointments. once now and again. 

At the same time knew this time was coming . Have savings enough to buy something. Garage knows me so .  Understanding all that plus is it worth appealing for a higher rate. When options are.

Buying own car .   Might get money from Motability due some finance to purchase vehicle.  Under there scheme.

Rarely use car  so if I buy a car be my own and my own costs.  I  just lately do not really drive.  As I said.  

Is it worth the hassle.  Appealing.

What would you do.?

Thank you to all to reading this. I am always advising others yet I am in a dilemma. My mind says this but at the same time.  By 2021 how will I be. Physically, mentally. Also will have if I decide to purchase a car of my own. Not have all the hassle of trying to qualify for to get a car.

There also the rate you get is £57.30 a week that could cover costs. How and who knows how I will be in 3 or 4 years time.  By 2021.

I am also 53 soon 54 so that is another thing age . Still want to be driving but can cope or is too much stress.  Add to that my friend up the road drives me now and again usually long journeys.  So end of the day advice most welcome

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,936 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I think you really should get some further advise regarding this. No one here knows exactly how your conditions affect you and whether or not you could get Enhanced mobility. We would be totally guessing and it's very difficult to advise anyone what to do with just a little information on an internet forum.

Your award is until 2021 and reviews are done 1 year before so do take that into consideration too. What ever you decide, good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @poppy123456 Thanks for replying to me. I agree I just put it out there to anybody to wants to add any comments.

Problem is who knows what the future is going to bring.  Understand the time I spend on here to support every body. As you do. The hassle and time is it worth appealing for a enhanced rate.

For the Motability part when I have hardly been out this few weeks due to anxiety and doing a lot of stuff on line.

So car is there but it is again seeing others who have been through all the appeals.  Procedures.  

Plus the knowledge I have gleaned from some of you. All grateful to you. I just wonder if I went ahead would I lose or win.  Time taken up. Just to try to cope and have stress issues anyway.

Add to that got PIP but not the rate I wanted but there again others do not get anything.

I am as you say will take advice all I can do is to consider my options.

Thank you for your time.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • curiousmom1996
    curiousmom1996 Posts: 35 Courageous
    Hi

Please ask for advice on what to do next. No one on the Internet can tell you how much your disability affects you. Theoretically we would probably be inaccurate and it’s morally unacceptable to provide information or advice on here with little information regarding your disability. You’re better off contacting your local CAB office or getting in touch with Disability Rights UK.  They should be able to help you figure out what to do next and answer any questions as well. Good luck. Remember that you have three more years left on your award. 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @curiousmom1996   Thank you for reply. I said this afternoon what I was going to say and am always conscious of what I should clearly say.

My health conditions have changed in the last few years and yes I could have plastered and itemised my conditions in a long list. Understand am not really like that.

All I know asked this Government from hell a little helping hand to get me from A to B and also help me to live.

The big issues are we all of us this community are being scrutinised constantly and we all of us have at one time going to need a helping hand.

Understand that I will take any advice given. Much appreciated by me and always consider my options.

I think the big anxiety and fear I have is now becoming a reality. Mind you this report a lot of it really quite unbelievable.  Yet at the end of the day got a standard rate.

If I appealed could lose more points or even nil points. That is my big risk. Having read the stories and supporting those going through it all.  Understand and have been so supportive of those losing everything. My heart goes out to everyone.

Besides also I know I have a car been on the scheme for twenty years plus. All depends other options there as well.  Just all rather gloomy and depressing. The older you get the lack of sympathy and empathy from this Government. Astounds me all the time.

All I can say.

Great to meet you and thank you for advice and supporting me.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.