Renewal evidence. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Renewal evidence.

whyzy
whyzy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm in the support group and just got my renewal letter and in bricking it. I had to undertake a house move in under a week and lost a lot of stuff so I no longer have paperwork from wellbeing regarding my illness, and because my problems are mental (I'm psychotic and borderline) I don't have any other letters. I have nothing. I can't stop crying, it's so stressful and I don't know what to do!! Does anyone have any idea where I can start? Will esa have my evidence from the past? Can I access it?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Your GP may have copies of everything. When i go for an appointment for anything my GP is always sent a letter of what happened during the appointment. You can access your medical records free and they will give you a digital copy. You will just have to make arrangements to print everything that's needed. The only problem with this is it may take time to access your records. I don't believe they take into consideration past medical evidence for ESA.

When does the form have to be returned by?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debzs
    Debzs Community member Posts: 35 Courageous
    Can you go to your GP and explain,he can write you a letter outlining your difficulties, Iam bipolar with other difficulties and like you am waiting for my assessment I understand how your feeling
  • whyzy
    whyzy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My form has to be in by Sep 2nd; my problem is I have literally no new evidence what so ever, even if I go to the GO it'll be stuff from ages ago. Is that ok, or?

Yeah Debzs it is a mess. They just flat out don't believe you when it comes to mental problems...
  • Debzs
    Debzs Community member Posts: 35 Courageous
    I have no up to date evidence only med changes and an appointment letter for neurology I have an involuntary movement that is made worse by stress, my doc letter was ignored so f2f assessment looming, like you am in bits, av been bipolar 14 years so no new info is there, go to docs it's worth a try if this is detrimental to your condition even if they want a f2f you will a docs letter as evidence 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Hi there particularly Whyzy an dDebzs

I'd suggest like Poppy, get some evidence from your GP, as that will be up to date; but also if you have a letter from ages ago that talks about your mental health issues in terms that would make it clear to anyone who knows about mental health that it's unlikely that this would just completely have gone away, then give them that as well. 

Just avoid offering piles of out of date stuff, because then someone or other won't be able to resist telling you that out-of-date evidence doesn't count  (they'll still read a page or two of it though, I think!).

Gill_Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.